Fwd: Re: [users-biblio] Another "tool" for doing bibliographies (using MS Word & BibTeX)

Fwd: Re: [users-biblio] Another "tool" for doing bibliographies (using MS Word & BibTeX)

David Wilson-8
This may be of interest for some on the dev list who may not be on the user
list.

---------- ----------

Subject: Re: [users-biblio] Another "tool" for doing bibliographies (using MS
Word & BibTeX)
Date: Monday 08 May 2006 10:13 am
From: David Wilson <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

Christos,

Thanks for telling us about rtfbtx, I have placed a mention of it on the
'Bibliographic Software and Standards Information' wiki page -

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Bibliographic_Software_and_Standards
_Information#rtfbtx

I have also emailed the developer, Diomidis Spinellis, (he is the author of
some books like 'Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective') asking if he
could offer any suggestions for OpenOffice users who might like to try
rtfbtx.
Regards
David

-------------------------------
Re: Rtfbtx and Openoffice
 Date: Yesterday 5:07:58 pm
 From: Diomidis Spinellis <[hidden email]>
 To: [hidden email]

Hi David,

Thanks for letting me know.  I was thinking about how difficult it would
be to apply the same process to create ODF instead of RTF a couple of
days ago.    Unfortunately, I don't now have the time to invest in
learning ODF.  I'd be happy to make any modifications to the produced
RTF in order to make it interoperate with OO in a better way.  Also if
somebody would send me ODF boilerplate for some of the BibTeX styles, I
could try to make Rtfbtx create that code.

Cheers,

Diomidis