Fwd: Update

Moderator
The following post has been going round in moderation for a couple of
days, so I am redirecting it to the user support list, along with a
possible solution.

> From: Beverly Jackson <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Update
>
> My MacBook Pro came supplied with OpenOffice which I have using for a
> number of years and on which all my files and correspondence are
> stored.  My MacBook was recently updated with macOS Catalina and I
> have been advised that OpenOffice must be updated to run now.  I would
> appreciate your assistance in taking care of this update as soon as
> possible because I cannot access reports that I need and cannot do the
> work I need to do.
>
> Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Beverly Jackson

Beverly,

Hundreds, maybe thousands, of people are running Apache OpenOffice on
macOS Catalina without any problems.

You have not said exactly what the problem is, but it maybe the macOS
Gatekeeper issue described and solution given in Q&A #5 of the
OpenOffice forum tutorial:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283&p=420635&hilit=Mac+FAQ#p420635
Also on the Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

Re: Update

Steven Ahlers
Beverly,

It sounds as though you are using an old version of OpenOffice. You need to download a current version of the software. Go to: https://www.openoffice.org/download/ and follow all instructions including the information that Dave already provided.

As a courtesy I have sent you a copy of this message. If you’re not subscribed to the users list you may not see all of the responses to your inquiry. Please respond to: [hidden email] so that all users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone