Fwd: Windows 10 mit OpenOffice 4.1.8

Moderator
This message from an elderly German speaking gentleman posted to the
developer list and was rejected by another moderator.
Knowing that we have German speaking subscribers here, I would ask if
someone on this list would try and assist him.

Thank you.

> seit Jahren benutze ich, inzwischen 89 jahre alt, OpenPffice, zuletzt
> 4.17. Von meinen diversen Reisen habe ich mit dem Write-Programm, jede
> Menge Alben produziert,
>
> die allgemeine Anerkennung finden.
>
> Seit ca einem halben Jahr habe ich Windows 10 auf meinem LapTop und
> damit ist das Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 nicht einverstanden. Ich war
> nicht einmal in der
>
> Lage, Weihnachtskarten aus den Zeichnungen meiner Frau, zu produzieren !
>
> Sicher sehen Sie eine Möglichkeit, wie ich das beliebte Programm
> weiter nutzen kann. Aber bedenken Sie mein Alter und das ich
> Autodidact bin. Ich bin gerne bereit,
>
> Ihnen den Fernzugang zu ermöglichen. Oder soll ich das unbrauchbare
> Programm jetzt löschen und Sie schicken mir zu einem angemessenen
> Preis eine  CD, mit der ich dann
>
> das nutzbare Programm herunterladen kann.
>
> Ich hoffe sehr, dass Sie mit weiterhelfen können und verbleibe
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Karl-Günther Baumgarth

Very rough Google translation:

For years, I have been using 89 years old, OpenOffice, last 4.17. From
my various trips I have produced with the Write program, lots of albums,
find general recognition.

For about half a year I have Windows 10 on my laptop and therefore the
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 does not agree. I was not even in the location
to produce Christmas cards from the drawings of my wife!

Sure you see a way I can continue to use the popular program. But
remember my age and that I am Autodidact. I like to be ready

To enable remote access. Or should I delete the unusable program now and
send me a CD for a reasonable price, with which I then

The usable program can download.

I hope so that you can help with help and remain

Yours sincerely
Karl-Günther Baumgarth

Re: Fwd: Windows 10 mit OpenOffice 4.1.8

Peter Kovacs-3
I try to take care. A solution in future could be to forward these to
the german user list? users-.de I think (sorry I am a bit lazy to look
it up)?

On 13.12.20 17:04, Moderator wrote:

> This message from an elderly German speaking gentleman posted to the
> developer list and was rejected by another moderator.
> Knowing that we have German speaking subscribers here, I would ask if
> someone on this list would try and assist him.
>
> Thank you.
>
>> seit Jahren benutze ich, inzwischen 89 jahre alt, OpenPffice, zuletzt
>> 4.17. Von meinen diversen Reisen habe ich mit dem Write-Programm, jede
>> Menge Alben produziert,
>>
>> die allgemeine Anerkennung finden.
>>
>> Seit ca einem halben Jahr habe ich Windows 10 auf meinem LapTop und
>> damit ist das Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 nicht einverstanden. Ich war
>> nicht einmal in der
>>
>> Lage, Weihnachtskarten aus den Zeichnungen meiner Frau, zu produzieren !
>>
>> Sicher sehen Sie eine Möglichkeit, wie ich das beliebte Programm
>> weiter nutzen kann. Aber bedenken Sie mein Alter und das ich
>> Autodidact bin. Ich bin gerne bereit,
>>
>> Ihnen den Fernzugang zu ermöglichen. Oder soll ich das unbrauchbare
>> Programm jetzt löschen und Sie schicken mir zu einem angemessenen
>> Preis eine  CD, mit der ich dann
>>
>> das nutzbare Programm herunterladen kann.
>>
>> Ich hoffe sehr, dass Sie mit weiterhelfen können und verbleibe
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>
>> Karl-Günther Baumgarth
>>
> Very rough Google translation:
>
> For years, I have been using 89 years old, OpenOffice, last 4.17. From
> my various trips I have produced with the Write program, lots of albums,
> find general recognition.
>
> For about half a year I have Windows 10 on my laptop and therefore the
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 does not agree. I was not even in the location
> to produce Christmas cards from the drawings of my wife!
>
> Sure you see a way I can continue to use the popular program. But
> remember my age and that I am Autodidact. I like to be ready
>
> To enable remote access. Or should I delete the unusable program now and
> send me a CD for a reasonable price, with which I then
>
> The usable program can download.
>
> I hope so that you can help with help and remain
>
> Yours sincerely
> Karl-Günther Baumgarth

Re: Fwd: Windows 10 mit OpenOffice 4.1.8

Moderator
Thanks Peter. I have only been a moderator for AOO since 2010, so my
first move was to forward the non-subscribed user to:
<[hidden email]> which returned the error:

"Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=mx1-lw-eu.apache.org type=AAAA: Host not found"

I only understand a couple of hundred words in German and have almost
zero comprehension of German grammar. So, in an attempt to assist
someone who appeared to be a long term user of our software I appealed
to German speaking subscribers to this list for assistance.

Regards
Dave

On 13/12/2020 18:11, Peter Kovacs wrote:

> I try to take care. A solution in future could be to forward these to
> the german user list? users-.de I think (sorry I am a bit lazy to look
> it up)?
>
> On 13.12.20 17:04, Moderator wrote:
>> This message from an elderly German speaking gentleman posted to the
>> developer list and was rejected by another moderator.
>> Knowing that we have German speaking subscribers here, I would ask if
>> someone on this list would try and assist him.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>> seit Jahren benutze ich, inzwischen 89 jahre alt, OpenPffice, zuletzt
>>> 4.17. Von meinen diversen Reisen habe ich mit dem Write-Programm, jede
>>> Menge Alben produziert,
>>>
>>> die allgemeine Anerkennung finden.
>>>
>>> Seit ca einem halben Jahr habe ich Windows 10 auf meinem LapTop und
>>> damit ist das Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 nicht einverstanden. Ich war
>>> nicht einmal in der
>>>
>>> Lage, Weihnachtskarten aus den Zeichnungen meiner Frau, zu produzieren !
>>>
>>> Sicher sehen Sie eine Möglichkeit, wie ich das beliebte Programm
>>> weiter nutzen kann. Aber bedenken Sie mein Alter und das ich
>>> Autodidact bin. Ich bin gerne bereit,
>>>
>>> Ihnen den Fernzugang zu ermöglichen. Oder soll ich das unbrauchbare
>>> Programm jetzt löschen und Sie schicken mir zu einem angemessenen
>>> Preis eine  CD, mit der ich dann
>>>
>>> das nutzbare Programm herunterladen kann.
>>>
>>> Ich hoffe sehr, dass Sie mit weiterhelfen können und verbleibe
>>>
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>>
>>> Karl-Günther Baumgarth
>>>
>> Very rough Google translation:
>>
>> For years, I have been using 89 years old, OpenOffice, last 4.17. From
>> my various trips I have produced with the Write program, lots of albums,
>> find general recognition.
>>
>> For about half a year I have Windows 10 on my laptop and therefore the
>> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 does not agree. I was not even in the location
>> to produce Christmas cards from the drawings of my wife!
>>
>> Sure you see a way I can continue to use the popular program. But
>> remember my age and that I am Autodidact. I like to be ready
>>
>> To enable remote access. Or should I delete the unusable program now and
>> send me a CD for a reasonable price, with which I then
>>
>> The usable program can download.
>>
>> I hope so that you can help with help and remain
>>
>> Yours sincerely
>> Karl-Günther Baumgarth

Re: Fwd: Windows 10 mit OpenOffice 4.1.8

Moderator

>> ... my first move was to forward the non-subscribed user to:
>> <[hidden email]> which returned the error:
>>
>> "Host or domain name not found. ..."
>
> Should be <[hidden email]>?
>
> Brian Barker

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways.

Re: Fwd: Windows 10 mit OpenOffice 4.1.8

Peter Kovacs-3
In the end, all he needed was the download link.

Now everything seems to be in shape.