Fwd: [macsupport] macOS X 10.15 Catalina - Notarization

Fwd: [macsupport] macOS X 10.15 Catalina - Notarization

Julian Thomas
Is OO going to follow these procedures?  Inquiring Mac users need to know!

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Daniel Settles [hidden email] [macsupportcentral]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [macsupport] macOS X 10.15 Catalina - Notarization
> Date: October 6, 2019 at 11:04:20 EDT
> To: MacSupportCentral 1 main <[hidden email]>
>
> Howdy.
>
> Notarization is a security topic that is confusing to many.
>
> This is a very brief article from Apple's developer web site on a
> relaxation of Notarization until January 2010.
>
> This is intended as only a basic introduction to this topic.
>
> "Notarizing Your Mac Software for macOS Catalina
>
> September 3, 2019
>
> As a reminder, Mac software distributed outside the Mac App Store must
> be notarized by Apple in order to run on macOS Catalina. To make this
> transition easier and to protect users on macOS Catalina who continue
> to use older versions of software, we’ve adjusted the notarization
> prerequisites until January 2020.
> You can now notarize Mac software that:
>
> • Doesn’t have the Hardened Runtime capability enabled.
> • Has components not signed with your Developer ID.
> • Doesn’t include a secure timestamp with your code-signing signature.
> • Was built with an older SDK.
> • Includes the com.apple.security.get-task-allow entitlement with the
> value set to any variation of true.
>
> Make sure to submit all versions of your software. While Xcode 10 or
> later is still required to submit, you don’t need to rebuild or
> re-sign your software before submission."
>
> Denver Dan
>

> [|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|]
>
> iSent from iDan's GyazMail on my MacPro
>

> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Daniel Settles <[hidden email]>
>
> <*> Your email settings:
>    Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
>    (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
>    [hidden email]
>    [hidden email]

>    [hidden email]
>
> <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
>    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

 —
jt - [hidden email]

Form follows function. - Louis Sullivan

Re: [macsupport] macOS X 10.15 Catalina - Notarization

Dave Fisher-2
Forwarding to the dev list for proper discussion.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone