GNU Linux install guide - 6 pages....

marcia wilbur
Hi.

I realize I did prematurely create a simple installation guide for GNU Linux users without realizing the licensure.
This could be fixed.
However, I received an email off this list from Keith stating the guide was not peer reviewed.

I wonder, were these guides?
http://openoffice-uni.org/

this was also posted online.

One recommendation - please make the onboarding simple and straightforward for those volunteering in this effort for documentation.

I was just trying to be a positive force and influence for this project, but really and am disappointed by the docs team - well, particularly and the continued push to use the old docs, mix method of documentation and as I heard during fosdem = the idea... this project cannot move forward as a current offering - like a corporation

I do encourage the docs team to move forward with current useful documentation for the project, working with developers in an effort to drive innovation.

I hope you can move forward with these attitudes in a positive manner.

Keith, all future communication should be made here.

Thank you.

Re: GNU Linux install guide - 6 pages....

F Campos Costero
Marcia,
I am very sorry you have had a bad experience trying to contribute to the
docs team. I have just gotten involved myself and my views certainly do not
represent any official or team perspective. The docs group has made very
little progress for a long time due to many obstacles but I think there is
finally a bit of movement with the repair of the MediaWiki extension,  the
new repository and the decision to make odt the base format, insulating
most volunteers from technical issues that caused a lot of uncertainty. You
were certainly a very positive contributor  and I was very much looking
forward to working with you on the larger documents. Please do continue on.
I also strongly support your concerns being openly addressed and rectified
where that is possible.

I want to review the previous emails before saying more, particularly
because it is getting late for me. I hope that tomorrow I can discuss with
you and other interested parties how to improve the docs team.

Francis