German UI - remarks

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

At the link given below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s2gCKXdZ7QOHXgf-GKNp6a8dVH_eYTab

a ZIP archive is available (4i-4f).

Regards

Czesław Wolański

Re: German UI - remarks

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 27.04.20 um 16:14 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> Hi,
>
> At the link given below
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s2gCKXdZ7QOHXgf-GKNp6a8dVH_eYTab
>
> a ZIP archive is available (4i-4f).

The last one (PoorDesign) has nothing to do with localization or German
translation. I would rather see this as a general bug.

What puzzles me most is that the same dialog in Writer is displayed
correct...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards
>
> Czesław Wolański

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: German UI - remarks

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

The last one (PoorDesign) has nothing to do with localization or German
> translation. I would rather see this as a general bug.

That is what I suspected. Shall I report it to Bugzilla or you'll take care?

What puzzles me most is that the same dialog in Writer is displayed
> correct..

*"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in
your philosophy"*
          Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

BTW:
Could you enlighten me, why for "Paste Special"  (Edit menu) you have in
German UI: "Einhalte einfügen"?
Old tradition? Language specificity?  I'm asking  ouf  of  pure curiosity,
not joking or mocking!

Best regards,

Czesław

Le mar. 28 avr. 2020 à 15:42, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Am 27.04.20 um 16:14 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At the link given below
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s2gCKXdZ7QOHXgf-GKNp6a8dVH_eYTab
> >
> > a ZIP archive is available (4i-4f).
>
> The last one (PoorDesign) has nothing to do with localization or German
> translation. I would rather see this as a general bug.
>
> What puzzles me most is that the same dialog in Writer is displayed
> correct...
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

> > Regards
> >
> > Czesław Wolański

Re: German UI - remarks

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

Am 28.04.20 um 16:37 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> Hi,
>
> The last one (PoorDesign) has nothing to do with localization or German
>> translation. I would rather see this as a general bug.
>
> That is what I suspected. Shall I report it to Bugzilla or you'll take care?
Would you do me the favor? ;-)

> What puzzles me most is that the same dialog in Writer is displayed
>> correct..
>
> *"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in
> your philosophy"*
>           Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
>
> BTW:
> Could you enlighten me, why for "Paste Special"  (Edit menu) you have in
> German UI: "Einhalte einfügen"?
It is "Inhalte einfügen"?!
> Old tradition? Language specificity?  I'm asking  ouf  of  pure curiosity,
> not joking or mocking!

I really don't know! Probably tradition...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Best regards,
>
> Czesław
>

> Le mar. 28 avr. 2020 à 15:42, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 27.04.20 um 16:14 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At the link given below
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s2gCKXdZ7QOHXgf-GKNp6a8dVH_eYTab
>>>
>>> a ZIP archive is available (4i-4f).
>> The last one (PoorDesign) has nothing to do with localization or German
>> translation. I would rather see this as a general bug.
>>
>> What puzzles me most is that the same dialog in Writer is displayed
>> correct...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Czesław Wolański

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: German UI - remarks

Czesław Wolański
Hi,

Would you do me the favor? ;-)

Mit Vergnügen!

It is "Inhalte einfügen"?!

menu item is:  "Inhalte einfügen" but tooltip has " Fügt den Inhalt [...]".
(Plural vs Singular)

Regards,

Czesław