Getting Open Office To Start

Bill Griffin
I can't seem to get OpenOffice2 to run on my computer.

I've downloaded Open Office2 onto my Pentium4 computer running Windows 2000
Pro.  Have the latest set of Microsoft SP's.  Installed OpenOffice2 on my
computer.  A set of compressed Stuffit files came up which I
decompressed.  I see no icons that suggest any of the applications other
than a few GIF files.  What did I do wrong?

Bill Griffin

Re: Getting Open Office To Start

Keith Bates-2
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:53:22 -0800
Bill Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't seem to get OpenOffice2 to run on my computer.
>
> I've downloaded Open Office2 onto my Pentium4 computer running
> Windows 2000 Pro.  Have the latest set of Microsoft SP's.  Installed
> OpenOffice2 on my computer.  A set of compressed Stuffit files came
> up which I decompressed.  I see no icons that suggest any of the
> applications other than a few GIF files.  What did I do wrong?
>
> Bill Griffin

Nothing. You now need to run the setup.exe program in the directory
where all the other files were installed to.

There should be a README file in that directory also. It has quite
detailed instructions.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St
Narrabri NSW 2390

Phone: 02 67924890
Fax: 02 67925418

www.new-life.org.au

If you don't have a reason to live

JESUS IS THE ANSWER!

Ask him into your life today...
He really does make a difference.

Re: Getting Open Office To Start

Andrew Brown-4
Bill Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> A set of compressed Stuffit files came up which I
> decompressed.  I see no icons that suggest any of the applications other
> than a few GIF files.  What did I do wrong?

If they're stuffit files, it sounds as if you got the Mac version.

--
Andrew Brown
The email in the header does not work.

Re: Getting Open Office To Start

G. Roderick Singleton-2
On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 21:53 -0800, Bill Griffin wrote:
> I can't seem to get OpenOffice2 to run on my computer.
>
> I've downloaded Open Office2 onto my Pentium4 computer running Windows 2000
> Pro.  Have the latest set of Microsoft SP's.  Installed OpenOffice2 on my
> computer.  A set of compressed Stuffit files came up which I
> decompressed.  I see no icons that suggest any of the applications other
> than a few GIF files.  What did I do wrong?

Stuffit files? Stuffit is a Mac utility and OOo is distributed as a
zipfile  when downloaded.  I think that may be the source of your
problem.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead

Re: Getting Open Office To Start

Dan Lewis-6
On Sunday 20 November 2005 11:53 pm, Bill Griffin wrote:
> I can't seem to get OpenOffice2 to run on my computer.
>
> I've downloaded Open Office2 onto my Pentium4 computer running Windows 2000
> Pro.  Have the latest set of Microsoft SP's.  Installed OpenOffice2 on my
> computer.  A set of compressed Stuffit files came up which I
> decompressed.  I see no icons that suggest any of the applications other
> than a few GIF files.  What did I do wrong?
>
> Bill Griffin

     What is the name of the file you downloaded? The file you should have
downloaded is OOo_2.0.0_Win32Intel_install.exe.

Dan