Going

Louis Suárez-Potts-3
Hi All,
I'm stepping down from the AOO PMC after many years. If one includes the decade plus I dedicated to Openoffice.org as the community manager and chair of the community council, as well as lead and co-lead of many projects, big and small, and the five years since on the PMC, it's been 16 years of OpenOffice. A span that has been wonderful, exasperating, exhilarating; and now, for me, it's becoming a rut. I'm not contributing much at all, and other open source efforts and works take up my time and intellectual focus. Some of these will surely intersect with OpenOffice and other Apache projects….

I'll remain subscribed to this and other lists, but am leaving the PMC. You can always reach me via the usual ways.

Cheers,
Louis

---

Louis Suárez-Potts
Skype: louisiam
Twitter: @luispo
Personal: http://www.luispo.com/

Re: Going

Carl Marcum
On 01/28/2016 06:39 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm stepping down from the AOO PMC after many years. If one includes the decade plus I dedicated to Openoffice.org as the community manager and chair of the community council, as well as lead and co-lead of many projects, big and small, and the five years since on the PMC, it's been 16 years of OpenOffice. A span that has been wonderful, exasperating, exhilarating; and now, for me, it's becoming a rut. I'm not contributing much at all, and other open source efforts and works take up my time and intellectual focus. Some of these will surely intersect with OpenOffice and other Apache projects….
>
> I'll remain subscribed to this and other lists, but am leaving the PMC. You can always reach me via the usual ways.
>
> Cheers,
> Louis
>

> ---
>
> Louis Suárez-Potts
> Skype: louisiam
> Twitter: @luispo
> Personal: http://www.luispo.com/

Louis,

Thank you for all of your contributions.

Good luck on all your endeavors.

Best regards,
Carl

RE: Going

Dennis E. Hamilton-2
+1

Louis, thank you for your continuous and consistent devotion to OpenOffice, ODF, and the whole idea of a multi-platform productivity suite that is freely available to everyone.

 - Dennis

Re: Going

Marcus (OOo)
Hi Louis,

thats very sad to read. But thats life. Things are coming and they are
going and you have to juggle them on your schedule plan.

Thanks a lot for your work and dedication in all these many years. I
hope you will return someday. :-)

Marcus

Am 01/29/2016 12:39 AM, schrieb Louis Suárez-Potts:
> I'm stepping down from the AOO PMC after many years. If one includes the decade plus I dedicated to Openoffice.org as the community manager and chair of the community council, as well as lead and co-lead of many projects, big and small, and the five years since on the PMC, it's been 16 years of OpenOffice. A span that has been wonderful, exasperating, exhilarating; and now, for me, it's becoming a rut. I'm not contributing much at all, and other open source efforts and works take up my time and intellectual focus. Some of these will surely intersect with OpenOffice and other Apache projects….
>
> I'll remain subscribed to this and other lists, but am leaving the PMC. You can always reach me via the usual ways.

Re: Going

Kay Schenk-2
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm stepping down from the AOO PMC after many years. If one includes the
> decade plus I dedicated to Openoffice.org as the community manager and
> chair of the community council, as well as lead and co-lead of many
> projects, big and small, and the five years since on the PMC, it's been 16
> years of OpenOffice. A span that has been wonderful, exasperating,
> exhilarating; and now, for me, it's becoming a rut. I'm not contributing
> much at all, and other open source efforts and works take up my time and
> intellectual focus. Some of these will surely intersect with OpenOffice and
> other Apache projects….
>
> I'll remain subscribed to this and other lists, but am leaving the PMC.
> You can always reach me via the usual ways.
>
> Cheers,
> Louis
>

> ---
>
> Louis Suárez-Potts
> Skype: louisiam
> Twitter: @luispo
> Personal: http://www.luispo.com/

​Thank you for your service to the PMC since OpenOffice moved to the Apache
Software Foundation.​

I'm happy to see that you're still remaining on the "dev" list. ☺

MzK

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
 anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
                                                          -- Carl Bard

Re: Going

Louis Suárez-Potts-3

> On 29 Jan 16, at 12:31, Kay Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm happy to see that you're still remaining on the "dev" list. ☺

I might that way help out or at least gripe entertainingly and occasionally voice the desire that users of AOO and LO be better served by not having to figure out which project to back…..

However…

@Dennis (or ?) can you remove committer privileges from my account? I had presumed that announcing my departure from the PMC was sufficient but it may not be. It may also be that I just have to do it myself….?

cheers,
Louis

RE: Going

Dennis E. Hamilton-2
Louis,

I am the one to do that.

I did not know you wanted to drop your AOO committer karma.

I will take care of both PMC and committer today.

 - Dennis

Re: Going

Louis Suárez-Potts-3

> On 29 Jan 16, at 16:28, Dennis E. Hamilton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Louis,
>
> I am the one to do that.
>
> I did not know you wanted to drop your AOO committer karma.
>
> I will take care of both PMC and committer today.

Thanks, Dennis.

louis