Google doc access on Linux

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello all,

We had the discussion half a year ago, about working with Open Office and Google Docs.

Here [1] is a short how to sync your Google Docs drive with your Linux machine.
The approach will provide you a similar approach like Dropbox.

Can we work this way to read Google doc documents?
Has anyone experience with this?

Can this may be be advertised to get a cool setup to work with?

[1] http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-mount-your-google-drive-on-linux-with-google-drive-ocamlfuse/

All the best
Peter

Re: Google doc access on Linux

FR web forum
Hello alone,
Some extensions exists:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oogdocsintegrator
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openofficeorg2googledocs-export-import-google-docs-zoho-webdav
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/storage-made-easy-openoffice-multicloud-file-manager
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/ibm-connections-connector-apache-openoffice

Re: Google doc access on Linux

Pedro
Hi all

> Some extensions exists:
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/oogdocsintegrator
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openofficeorg2googledocs-export-import-google-docs-zoho-webdav
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/storage-made-easy-openoffice-multicloud-file-manager
> https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/ibm-connections-connector-apache-openoffice

These extensions require Java or opening an account on a cloud service
that provides access to the the other clouds (doesn't sound like a good
option)...

It would be nice to have a proper interface without java that allows to
browse/open/save the documents in the cloud server.

AOO already allows to open/save files (but not browse) on a webdav
enabled cloud (such as OwnCloud) so it is possibly not so different to
provide access to Docs?

(as information, one of the OOo forks already has this feature)

Related issue: the link stored in recent documents to a webdav document
is not correct so to reopen the user needs to type the full path again

Looking forward to enhancements/fixes!

Regards,
Pedro