Google requirement should be a non requirement

Google requirement should be a non requirement

daze2019
                "AndrOpen Office              (Android port of Apache
OpenOffice)          AndrOpen Office is the world's first port of
OpenOffice for Android, It is made available on Google Play by the
AndrOpen     Office team and it requires Android 4.0.3 or later.   "
Greetings,As a Linux user for many years it is natural for me to look
at AndrOpen Office for my Android device. However as I have no need
nor want for anything that says"Google", I can't use Open Office. In
the interests of securing my phone as best as possible divorcing
Google from the phone for security purposes is a must.Will we see a
standalone type of AndrOpen Office in the near future? At present I
use WPS Office and then deny it internet access and there is no Google
requirement.This also means I am forced to use .xlsx format opposed to
.ods format.

Thankyou

_--------------------------------------_

Re: Google requirement should be a non requirement

Marcus (OOo)
Am 15.01.19 um 17:35 schrieb [hidden email]:

>                  "AndrOpen Office              (Android port of Apache
> OpenOffice)          AndrOpen Office is the world's first port of
> OpenOffice for Android, It is made available on Google Play by the
> AndrOpen     Office team and it requires Android 4.0.3 or later.   "
> Greetings,As a Linux user for many years it is natural for me to look
> at AndrOpen Office for my Android device. However as I have no need
> nor want for anything that says"Google", I can't use Open Office. In
> the interests of securing my phone as best as possible divorcing
> Google from the phone for security purposes is a must.Will we see a
> standalone type of AndrOpen Office in the near future? At present I
> use WPS Office and then deny it internet access and there is no Google
> requirement.This also means I am forced to use .xlsx format opposed to
> .ods format.

First of all, "AndrOpen Office" is not a software project or product of
Apache OpenOffice ot Apache itself. Furthermore there is no connection
between "AndrOpen Office" and Apache OpenOffice.

For further information please get in contact with their authors.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marcus

Re: Google requirement should be a non requirement

daze2019
My apologies ...The link below indicates AndrOpen Office as an Apache
element with the Apache logo clearly indicated.
https://www.openoffice.org/porting/

_--------------------------------------_
On 2019-01-15 at 2:30 PM, "Marcus"  wrote:Am 15.01.19 um 17:35 schrieb
[hidden email]:

Marcus

Am 15.01.19 um 20:56 schrieb [hidden email]:
> My apologies ...The link below indicates AndrOpen Office as an Apache
> element with the Apache logo clearly indicated.
> https://www.openoffice.org/porting/

OK, but the first 2 sentences on that page are:

"The following list of third-party ports and distributions is made
available as a service to the community. The Apache OpenOffice project
does not officially endorse or maintain these packages."

So, for me it's clear that the listed ports do not belong to Apache
OpenOffice directly. ;-)

Marcus

> _--------------------------------------_
> On 2019-01-15 at 2:30 PM, "Marcus"  wrote:Am 15.01.19 um 17:35 schrieb
> [hidden email]:
>>                   "AndrOpen Office              (Android port of
> Apache
>> OpenOffice)          AndrOpen Office is the world's first port of
>> OpenOffice for Android, It is made available on Google Play by the
>> AndrOpen     Office team and it requires Android 4.0.3 or later.   "
>> Greetings,As a Linux user for many years it is natural for me to
> look
>> at AndrOpen Office for my Android device. However as I have no need
>> nor want for anything that says"Google", I can't use Open Office. In
>> the interests of securing my phone as best as possible divorcing
>> Google from the phone for security purposes is a must.Will we see a
>> standalone type of AndrOpen Office in the near future? At present I
>> use WPS Office and then deny it internet access and there is no
> Google
>> requirement.This also means I am forced to use .xlsx format opposed
>> .ods format.
>
> First of all, "AndrOpen Office" is not a software project or product
> of
> Apache OpenOffice ot Apache itself. Furthermore there is no connection
>
> between "AndrOpen Office" and Apache OpenOffice.
>
> For further information please get in contact with their authors.
>
> Thanks for your understanding.
>
> Marcus

Re: Google requirement should be a non requirement

daze2019
My point standsHave a great day  :)

_--------------------------------------_
On 2019-01-15 at 3:14 PM, "Marcus"  wrote:Am 15.01.19 um 20:56 schrieb
[hidden email]:

"
>> Greetings,As a Linux user for many years it is natural for me to
> look
>> at AndrOpen Office for my Android device. However as I have no need
>> nor want for anything that says"Google", I can't use Open Office.
In

>> the interests of securing my phone as best as possible divorcing
>> Google from the phone for security purposes is a must.Will we see a
>> standalone type of AndrOpen Office in the near future? At present I
>> use WPS Office and then deny it internet access and there is no
> Google
>> requirement.This also means I am forced to use .xlsx format opposed
>> .ods format.
>
> First of all, "AndrOpen Office" is not a software project or product
> of
> Apache OpenOffice ot Apache itself. Furthermore there is no
connection

> between "AndrOpen Office" and Apache OpenOffice.
>
> For further information please get in contact with their authors.
>
> Thanks for your understanding.
>
> Marcus

Re: Google requirement should be a non requirement

Matthias Seidel
Am 15.01.19 um 21:17 schrieb [hidden email]:
> My point standsHave a great day  :)

Dream on... ;-)

> _--------------------------------------_
> On 2019-01-15 at 3:14 PM, "Marcus"  wrote:Am 15.01.19 um 20:56 schrieb
> [hidden email]:
>> My apologies ...The link below indicates AndrOpen Office as an
> Apache
>> element with the Apache logo clearly indicated.
>> https://www.openoffice.org/porting/
> OK, but the first 2 sentences on that page are:
>
> "The following list of third-party ports and distributions is made
> available as a service to the community. The Apache OpenOffice project
>
> does not officially endorse or maintain these packages."
>
> So, for me it's clear that the listed ports do not belong to Apache
> OpenOffice directly. ;-)
>
> Marcus
>> _--------------------------------------_
>> On 2019-01-15 at 2:30 PM, "Marcus"  wrote:Am 15.01.19 um 17:35
> schrieb
>> [hidden email]:
>>>                   "AndrOpen Office              (Android port of
>> Apache
>>> OpenOffice)          AndrOpen Office is the world's first port of
>>> OpenOffice for Android, It is made available on Google Play by the
>>> AndrOpen     Office team and it requires Android 4.0.3 or later.
> "
>>> Greetings,As a Linux user for many years it is natural for me to
>> look
>>> at AndrOpen Office for my Android device. However as I have no need
>>> nor want for anything that says"Google", I can't use Open Office.
> In
>>> the interests of securing my phone as best as possible divorcing
>>> Google from the phone for security purposes is a must.Will we see a
>>> standalone type of AndrOpen Office in the near future? At present I
>>> use WPS Office and then deny it internet access and there is no
>> Google
>>> requirement.This also means I am forced to use .xlsx format opposed
>>> .ods format.
>> First of all, "AndrOpen Office" is not a software project or product
>> of
>> Apache OpenOffice ot Apache itself. Furthermore there is no
> connection
>> between "AndrOpen Office" and Apache OpenOffice.
>>
>> For further information please get in contact with their authors.
>>
>> Thanks for your understanding.
>>
>> Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment