Google search KO on forum landing page

Hagar Delest-2
Hi,

For the record, there is a google custom search field on the forum landing page: https://forum.openoffice.org/
It now returns:
Unauthorized access to internal API. Please refer to https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055
-> https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055?hl=en
It seems that there is a code snippet to be used.

Can someone help?

Thanks
Hagar

Re: Google search KO on forum landing page

Andrea Pescetti-2
Hagar Delest wrote:
> For the record, there is a google custom search field on the forum
> landing page: https://forum.openoffice.org/
> It now returns:
> Unauthorized access to internal API. Please refer to
> https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055
> -> https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055?hl=en
> It seems that there is a code snippet to be used.

It looks like we were using the old API and Google decided that
everybody should upgrade to the new one. Now, the old search snippet is
stored somewhere in someone's Google account but that person is not me,
so we can't just find the new code and use it.

On the other hand, I can probably fix the snippet and put it online.

What did the custom search do? Simply open a Google search limited to
the Forum domain? Or did it do something else? My fear is that we will
have to recreate it, but I'm not sure how it used to work. In the case
this turns out to be the simplest option, will "a Google search limited
to the forum domain" be enough as a re-implementation? This is probably
a fairly straightforward configuration so it shouldn't take long if we
fix it this way.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Le 03/03/2018 à 22:58, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
> What did the custom search do? Simply open a Google search limited to the Forum domain? Or did it do something else? My fear is that we will have to recreate it, but I'm not sure how it used to work. In the case this turns out to be the simplest option, will "a Google search limited to the forum domain" be enough as a re-implementation? This is probably a fairly straightforward configuration so it shouldn't take long if we fix it this way.
Thanks Andrea.
Yes, I think that the settings were explained in this post: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=49161#p225128
But if it is limited to the forum(s) only, that would be good enough.

Hagar