Grammar Checker: OO 3.0 ?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grammar Checker: OO 3.0 ?

William Colen
Hi all,

Will the grammar checker API be available for OpenOffice.org 3.0?
If yes, where can we find documentations, codes and interfaces. We would
like to start the developments!

Thanks,
William
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grammar Checker: OO 3.0 ?

Daniel Naber-9
On Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008, William Silva wrote:

> Will the grammar checker API be available for OpenOffice.org 3.0?
> If yes, where can we find documentations, codes and interfaces. We would
> like to start the developments!

Information can be found here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Grammar_Checking

Please keep the mailing list informed about what exactly you are working on
so the efforts can be coordinated.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grammar Checker: OO 3.0 ?

thomas.lange
In reply to this post by William Colen

Hi William,


William Silva wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Will the grammar checker API be available for OpenOffice.org 3.0?
> If yes, where can we find documentations, codes and interfaces. We would
> like to start the developments!

It is planned to be available in OOo 3.0.
Right now there is only the CWS gcframework which allows for automatic
checking only and to mark the wrong text parts.

I will prepare the CWS for QA next week.
Thus the API can be used then.
Please remind though that the API for grammar checking itself is still
in development and likely to change.
The text markup API to draw the markup-lines for wrong text is fully
implemented in that CWS. Thus it could also be used by existing grammar
checkers when the cws gets integrated. This is limited however by
currently having no support yet in the context menu for grammar checking.


Regards,
Thomas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grammar Checker: OO 3.0 ?

Carlos Menezes
Dear all,

Just for synchronize:
For now, CoGrOO is being reformulated; we intend to release its 3.0 version
at next September, with support to Portuguese, English and, maybe, Spanish.
It's ambitious, but we are working for it!
We accepted any kind of help. For example, a linguist to write correction
rules to Spanish will be welcome.
CoGrOO has been developed over OpenNLP toolkit. We need a big annotated text
corpus of each language (Google donated for us the English one, thanks!);
some adaptations can be done and, finally, a set of correction rules is
writen to each language.
CoGrOO was ported to Abiword and Firefox (alfa) too.

Regards,

Carlos Menezes

On Feb 1, 2008 6:54 AM, Thomas Lange - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi William,
>
>
> William Silva wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Will the grammar checker API be available for OpenOffice.org 3.0?
> > If yes, where can we find documentations, codes and interfaces. We would
> > like to start the developments!
>
> It is planned to be available in OOo 3.0.
> Right now there is only the CWS gcframework which allows for automatic
> checking only and to mark the wrong text parts.
>
> I will prepare the CWS for QA next week.
> Thus the API can be used then.
> Please remind though that the API for grammar checking itself is still
> in development and likely to change.
> The text markup API to draw the markup-lines for wrong text is fully
> implemented in that CWS. Thus it could also be used by existing grammar
> checkers when the cws gets integrated. This is limited however by
> currently having no support yet in the context menu for grammar checking.
>
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>