Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Martin Lukeš
Hi,
I'd like help to create Czech grammar checker. But currently I don't know
how.
Is there out somebody who's working on it?

Best Regards,
Martin Lukeš

Re: Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Susana Sotelo Docio
Martin Lukeš escribiu:
> Hi,
> I'd like help to create Czech grammar checker. But currently I don't know
> how.
> Is there out somebody who's working on it?

Check the LanguageTool project.

http://www.languagetool.org

There is already an initial support for Czech, but AFAIK without rules. I
think that your collaboration would be very appreciated. :)

--
Susana Sotelo Docio                         http://gramatica.usc.es/~sdocio
Linux User #96506                                        gpg-id: 0x0E9BEDA4

"A Terra non é unha herdanza dos nosos pais, senón un empréstimo dos nosos
fillos." -- Víctor Hugo

Re: Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Ruud Baars-2
Martin Lukeš schreef:
> Hi,
> I'd like help to create Czech grammar checker. But currently I don't know
> how.
> Is there out somebody who's working on it?

It is quite easy to start making rules for LanguageTool. Lots of rules
can be created using just simple XML, and lots of languages suggest
useful examples.
Anyway, the LanguageTool community has proven very helpful, using
[hidden email] .

Ruud (Dutch contribuant).

Re: Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Carlos Menezes
You can try CoGrOO too.

Regards,

Carlos Menezes

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Ruud Baars <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Martin Lukeš schreef:
>
>  Hi,
>> I'd like help to create Czech grammar checker. But currently I don't know
>> how.
>> Is there out somebody who's working on it?
>>

> It is quite easy to start making rules for LanguageTool. Lots of rules can
> be created using just simple XML, and lots of languages suggest useful
> examples.
> Anyway, the LanguageTool community has proven very helpful, using
> [hidden email] .
>
> Ruud (Dutch contribuant).

Re: Grammar checker for Czech language (česká gramatika)

Marcin Miłkowski
Susana Sotelo Docio pisze:

> Martin Lukeš escribiu:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like help to create Czech grammar checker. But currently I don't know
>> how.
>> Is there out somebody who's working on it?
>
> Check the LanguageTool project.
>
> http://www.languagetool.org
>
> There is already an initial support for Czech, but AFAIK without rules. I
> think that your collaboration would be very appreciated. :)

Yes, it will. There is a POS tagger/lemmatizer for Czech (pretty big) in
LanguageTool, so the most useful resource is already in the CVS. We also
have a couple of Czech speakers that might be of some help (they were
focusing on Slovak, though).

Regards
  Marcin