HTML to PDF Conversion (failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout)

HTML to PDF Conversion (failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout)

Prabhakaran Subramanian
Hi Team,

I am using OpenOffice 3.x to convert the HTML files into PDF.
Getting the below error for some of the html files.

failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout

It’s taking more time to convert and finally got failed. Is there a way how to find out what kind of issue in the HTML file?
Also, how to enable more logs in OpenOffice?

In our side, OpenOffice is installed in Linux env.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prabhakaran Subramanian.

Re: HTML to PDF Conversion (failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout)

Girvin Herr-2

On 09/18/2017 12:28 PM, Prabhakaran Subramanian wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using OpenOffice 3.x to convert the HTML files into PDF.
> Getting the below error for some of the html files.
>
> failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout
>
> It’s taking more time to convert and finally got failed. Is there a way how to find out what kind of issue in the HTML file?
> Also, how to enable more logs in OpenOffice?
>
> In our side, OpenOffice is installed in Linux env.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Prabhakaran Subramanian.
You could try
startx > logfile  2>&1

To start your desktop. This will save all desktop messages in logfile,
so you will have to look at the file after exiting the desktop and find
the pertinent messages. X has a log for X messages, usually in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

but that probably does not help you much for an app error. You could
also try bringing up the app in a shell window. Sometimes that will
display app error messages in the shell window.

You might also look at the OpenOffice command line arguments with
openoffice3 -h
There may be something there that you could use.

Good luck.
Girvin Herr

Re: HTML to PDF Conversion (failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout)

Prabhakaran Subramanian
Just verified with office -h and there is no option found for logs. Is there any alternate way to enable the logs in linux env?

Thanks.

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Girvin Herr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 09/18/2017 12:28 PM, Prabhakaran Subramanian wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I am using OpenOffice 3.x to convert the HTML files into PDF.
>> Getting the below error for some of the html files.
>>
>> failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout
>>
>> It’s taking more time to convert and finally got failed. Is there a way how to find out what kind of issue in the HTML file?
>> Also, how to enable more logs in OpenOffice?
>>
>> In our side, OpenOffice is installed in Linux env.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Prabhakaran Subramanian.
> You could try
> startx > logfile  2>&1
>
> To start your desktop. This will save all desktop messages in logfile, so you will have to look at the file after exiting the desktop and find the pertinent messages. X has a log for X messages, usually in
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> but that probably does not help you much for an app error. You could also try bringing up the app in a shell window. Sometimes that will display app error messages in the shell window.
>
> You might also look at the OpenOffice command line arguments with
> openoffice3 -h
> There may be something there that you could use.
>
> Good luck.
> Girvin Herr

Re: HTML to PDF Conversion (failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout)

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:31:21 -0500
Prabhakaran Subramanian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just verified with office -h and there is no option found for logs. Is there any alternate way to enable the logs in linux env?
>
> Thanks.

A quick way to get a very simple fault report in OpenOffice on linux is to start it from a terminal by typing openoffice4.

> > On Sep 18, 2017, at 3:14 PM, Girvin Herr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > On 09/18/2017 12:28 PM, Prabhakaran Subramanian wrote:
> >> Hi Team,
> >>
> >> I am using OpenOffice 3.x to convert the HTML files into PDF.
> >> Getting the below error for some of the html files.
> >>
> >> failed - error converting file. task did not complete within timeout
> >>
> >> It’s taking more time to convert and finally got failed. Is there a way how to find out what kind of issue in the HTML file?
> >> Also, how to enable more logs in OpenOffice?
> >>
> >> In our side, OpenOffice is installed in Linux env.
> >>
> >> Any help would be appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Prabhakaran Subramanian.
> > You could try
> > startx > logfile  2>&1
> >
> > To start your desktop. This will save all desktop messages in logfile, so you will have to look at the file after exiting the desktop and find the pertinent messages. X has a log for X messages, usually in
> > /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> >
> > but that probably does not help you much for an app error. You could also try bringing up the app in a shell window. Sometimes that will display app error messages in the shell window.
> >
> > You might also look at the OpenOffice command line arguments with
> > openoffice3 -h
> > There may be something there that you could use.
> >
> > Good luck.
> > Girvin Herr

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>