Having trouble setting up a 'new' folder for documents.

Having trouble setting up a 'new' folder for documents.

PETER LOVE
Hello, 'dev' @openoffice.apache.org:

Am still using 'Open Office' ( version 4.1.17 --- I think that's what it is ) and enjoying it very much .  .  . but-- I wish to open and 'download' a brand new folder and it won't let me do that. I keep 'clicking' on "new folder" up at the top "left" ( the 'yellow' icon ) and nothing happens. I wish to have another folder to keep certain files / documents in. So . . .  what do I do?

Peter Love

RE: Having trouble setting up a 'new' folder for documents.

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

I don't understand the question because I don't understand where what you are talking about is located.

Where is:
"I keep 'clicking' on "new folder" up at the top "left" ( the 'yellow' icon )"

Is this a dialogue? Which one? Is it something else? How do you get there?

What means:
"I wish to open and 'download' a brand new folder"

Is it meant synonymously? If so, what does it stand for?
Creating new folders is a function of the operating system, not of OpenOffice. Nevertheless, you could mean something else with "folder", but what?

Jörg