Header problem

Girvin Herr-2
Greetings,

I am using AOO 4.1.6 under Slackware 14.2 Linux.

I am having a problem with my document's headers in Writer. I set both
Left Page and Right page styles' header to "Same content left/right".
However, when I change the header on a right page, the header on the
left page does not reflect those changes. Is there another option
somewhere to enable this?

Thanks.
Girvin

Re: Header problem

Brian Barker-2
At 17:17 01/07/2019 -0700, Girvin Herr wrote:
>I am having a problem with my document's headers in Writer. I set
>both Left Page and Right page styles' header to "Same content left/right".

As far as I can see, this is not adjustable in these (default) page
styles. But in any case, it's difficult to see why you would you want
to use separate styles for left and right pages if you wanted
properties such as headers and footers to be the same. Such styles
are useful if you want a book title to appear one side and the
chapter title the other - or perhaps to have page numbers alternating
in position so that they are always on the outside of the page.
Deselecting the option enables you to have different left and right
headers within the same page style.

>However, when I change the header on a right page, the header on the
>left page does not reflect those changes.

If you have left and right pages set to have different page styles,
why would you expect changes in the header in one style to affect the
header in a separate, different style? The "Same content left/right"
option surely applies to left and right pages using the *same* page
style? And that's probably why it is greyed out in the styles in question.

Exactly how have you set your left and right pages to have these page
styles? Do you have manual page breaks between every page, setting
each new page to the other style? Or have you set Left Page to have
Right Page as its Next Style and vice versa? (Weirdly, that appears
not to be the default.)

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker