Hello

munyampala ntageza
I would like to know how to open OpenOffice with Microsoft XP or Windows 97.

Sebagabo Gad.

Re: Hello

Robert Derman-2
munyampala ntageza wrote:
> I would like to know how to open OpenOffice with Microsoft XP or Windows 97.
>
> Sebagabo Gad.

Did you mean Windows 7?  There is no such thing as Windows 97.

Re: Hello

Barbara Duprey
On 2/11/2011 3:32 PM, munyampala ntageza wrote:
> I would like to know how to open OpenOffice with Microsoft XP or Windows 97.
>
> Sebagabo Gad.

[The OP ([hidden email]) is not subscribed and will probably not see responses unless directly
copied.]

Are you really asking whether you can open files that were created under older versions of Office,
or whether OpenOffice.org is available for older Windows operating systems? In both cases, the short
answer is yes. But the details differ.

In general, OOo can open all the Office file formats, though there are sometimes formatting
differences that are typically fairly easy to correct. If you want OOo to be used automatically on
these files when you double-click them, you can change the "file associations" -- usually by
right-clicking on a file of each of the Office types, choosing Open With, and browsing to
soffice.exe, then setting the option to always use this program.

For older operating systems, there are system requirements for memory and so on that may make newer
versions of OOo too demanding, but older versions suitable for those systems are still available.