Hello

Alexandru Mandai
Hi,
I just joined this mailing list and want to start working on the upcoming
release of OpenOffice.
I can translate it into Romanian. I also know python, if that helps.
I was just wondering where can I start working on it.

Thank you, Multumesc,
Alex

Re: Hello

Matthias Seidel
Hi Alex,

You're welcome!

Am 17.08.20 um 14:53 schrieb Alexandru Mandai:
> Hi,
> I just joined this mailing list and want to start working on the upcoming
> release of OpenOffice.
> I can translate it into Romanian.

Translation for OpenOffice is coordinated on our L10N mailing list and
done on our Pootle server.

Please see:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide

for further details.

Regards,

   Matthias

>  I also know python, if that helps.
> I was just wondering where can I start working on it.
>
> Thank you, Multumesc,
> Alex

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Hello

Alexandru Mandai
Hi,

Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction.

I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.

Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,

Alex

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:57 PM Alex Mandai <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.
>

> Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,
>
> Alex

Re: Hello

Matthias Seidel
Hi Alex,

Am 17.08.20 um 20:03 schrieb Alexandru Mandai:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.

Every help is welcome!

Regarding Python and C+: Discussions take place here on dev@.

If you subscribe to L10n@ and request a Pootle account I can create that
one for you. Romanian needs a bit of work... ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

> Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:57 PM Alex Mandai <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction.
>>
>> I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.
>>

>> Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,
>>
>> Alex

Hi Matthias,
Thank you for your reply. I wanted to create an account on pottle, but it
said that New accounts cannot be created.
Also, I received some e-mails about a 4.1.8 beta, maybe I can help with it.
There was a link in the email containing an SDK (Software Development Kit).
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-418-Test/

Thanks for reading,
Multumesc pentru ca ati citit,
Alex

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 3:57 PM Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Am 17.08.20 um 20:03 schrieb Alexandru Mandai:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right
> direction.
> >
> > I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.
>
> Every help is welcome!
>
> Regarding Python and C+: Discussions take place here on dev@.
>
> If you subscribe to L10n@ and request a Pootle account I can create that
> one for you. Romanian needs a bit of work... ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>

> > Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 8:57 PM Alex Mandai <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right
> direction.
> >>
> >> I also have some basic c++ skills, if that’s needed.
> >>

> >> Thank you again, Multumesc din nou,
> >>
> >> Alex

Re: Hello

Matthias Seidel
Hi Alex,

Am 19.08.20 um 12:53 schrieb Alexandru Mandai:
> Hi Matthias,
> Thank you for your reply. I wanted to create an account on pottle, but it
> said that New accounts cannot be created.

As I wrote you earlier, to request a Pootle account follow the
instructions here:

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Registration_and_Login

We had to disable self-service because of to much spam accounts.

> Also, I received some e-mails about a 4.1.8 beta, maybe I can help with it.
> There was a link in the email containing an SDK (Software Development Kit).
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-418-Test/

These are Test builds for Windows (incl. LanguagePack and SDK), not an
official Beta.

Feel free to download and test it. Unfortunately there is no Romanian
build at the moment.
I might add that next time...

Regards,

   Matthias