Help Me Make This Faster

QCIT3 MMisonora

Hello there,
Recently the company I am working for has downloaded your program, OpenOffice and have tried to open some files we have previously made files on Windows Excel with your program. However, it took about twenty minutes to load, so I was wondering why is it loading so slow and how can we make it load faster. The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run on a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.
Please help,
Emma

Re: Help Me Make This Faster

Martin Groenescheij

On 23/06/17 5:22 AM, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:
> Hello there,
> Recently the company I am working for has downloaded your program, OpenOffice and have tried to open some files we have previously made files on Windows Excel with your program. However, it took about twenty minutes to load, so I was wondering why is it loading so slow and how can we make it load faster.

Why it is slow is something we can't answer without seeing the file.
There are a couple of things influence the process time.
1. The amount of data
2. The complexity of the calculations that need to be performed at
opening the file. You can switch it of under Tools -> Cell Contents ->
AutoCalculate.
3. Once you have opened the Excel file save it in .ods format because a
conversion takes always more time that opening in native language.
4. If all of above don't help persuade your employer to buy decent
computers.
>   The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run on a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.
> Please help,
> Emma
>

> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Re: Help Me Make This Faster

Johnny Rosenberg

> Hello there,
> Recently the company I am working for has downloaded your program,
> OpenOffice and have tried to open some files we have previously made files
> on Windows Excel with your program. However, it took about twenty minutes
> to load, so I was wondering why is it loading so slow and how can we make
> it load faster. The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run
> on a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.
> Please help,
> Emma

Have you tried to open it with LibreOffice? I think they worked a little
more with these kinds of issues. Maybe it will open faster, or maybe not. I
don't know since I only work with ODF, but it wouldn't hurt to try, I guess.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Re: Help Me Make This Faster

jonathon-3
On 06/22/2017 07:22 PM, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:

> The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run on a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.

Your first problem is that you don't have enough RAM for the OS you are
using.

The second problem is that you don't have enough RAM for the OS and
software that you want to use.

IOW, upgrade those computers to at least 8 GB RAM.

jonathon

Re: Help Me Make This Faster

zahra a
hello.
i read system requirement of windows seven and realized that in all
windows versions of windows, (7, 8 and even windows ten 1511) the
minimum system requirements for them is one gb ram!
for 32 bit i think 2 gb is good, but for 64 bit it requires more!
hope that help< God bless you.

On 6/24/17, toki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/22/2017 07:22 PM, QCIT3 MMisonora wrote:
>
>> The computers we are using are Windows 7 computers that run on a Core 2
>> Duo with 2 GB of RAM and a 32-bit Operating System.
>
> Your first problem is that you don't have enough RAM for the OS you are
> using.
>
> The second problem is that you don't have enough RAM for the OS and
> software that you want to use.
>
> IOW, upgrade those computers to at least 8 GB RAM.
>
> jonathon

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org