Help Needed

Donnell Giambastiani
Hi;
I have used your open office program for quite a few years with
no problems. Last week I am not sure what happened but all of my saved
documents have just disappeared.  I really need your help to get them
back as I use them for my work and photos.

Can someone please get back to me as soon as possible so we can figure
out what happened.  I did not do anything new with the computer or add
any
new programs so cannot explain or figure out what happened to make all
my
documents just gone!

Donnell

--
Donnell Giambastiani
(916) 878-6590

Re: Help Needed

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 12:51:32 -0700
Donnell Giambastiani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi;
> I have used your open office program for quite a few years with
> no problems. Last week I am not sure what happened but all of my saved
> documents have just disappeared.  I really need your help to get them
> back as I use them for my work and photos.
>
> Can someone please get back to me as soon as possible so we can figure
> out what happened.  I did not do anything new with the computer or add
> any
> new programs so cannot explain or figure out what happened to make all
> my
> documents just gone!
>
> Donnell

Your documents are still on the computer, in the directory in which they were saved.  What has happened is that OpenOffice has lost the list of shortcuts to these documents, possibly due to a computer or program crash, or to an over-hasty power off of the computer before the internal housekeeping had been finally written to disk.  If you use /File /Open to navigate to the directory n which you saved these documents, as you select each one and open it, it will then appear on the recent Documents list.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>