Help Please

rwnorris
I have only been using Open Office for a few months, but I am stuck with a problem.

I apparently created a document, A BLANK DOCUMENT and saved the document with the autosave feature as “UNTITLED 1”.

Now when I OPEN the program it attempts to “recover” the document.

First step is to authorize it to “RECOVER” the document.

If you click Cancel, the programs closes. If you select Recover, it goes no where, just freezes and states it is NOT RESPONDING.

I cannot open any documents or spreadsheets.

I deleted the file from the document folder, no help.

Can you advise of a solution?  THANKS

[hidden email]

Rodger

Re: Help Please

Wade Smart-2
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:51 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have only been using Open Office for a few months, but I am stuck with a problem.
>
> I apparently created a document, A BLANK DOCUMENT and saved the document with the autosave feature as “UNTITLED 1”.
>
> Now when I OPEN the program it attempts to “recover” the document.
>
> First step is to authorize it to “RECOVER” the document.
>
> If you click Cancel, the programs closes. If you select Recover, it goes no where, just freezes and states it is NOT RESPONDING.
>
> I cannot open any documents or spreadsheets.
>
> I deleted the file from the document folder, no help.
>
> Can you advise of a solution?  THANKS
>
> [hidden email]
>

> Rodger

Rodger, simple route, uninstall and reinstall the program.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Re: Help Please

Hagar Delest-2
See: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87389

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.

Hagar