Help needed

Basavaraj Koti
Hi
i want to add a new menubar to presentation(Impress) application, (Not through tools-->options-->etc..) such that when ever the a new presentation is opened the menu-title to be added and on clicking on it should call a java progam.

I even tried the first steps given in the documentation, but i get an error saying "No process listening on the resource".

I need to complete it as soon as possible, so please provide me help with necessary information.

Waiting for a positive reply

Thanks and Regards
Basavaraj koti

Re: Help needed

Mathias Bauer
Basavaraj Koti wrote:

> Hi i want to add a new menubar to presentation(Impress) application,
> (Not through tools-->options-->etc..) such that when ever the a new
> presentation is opened the menu-title to be added and on clicking on
> it should call a java progam.
>
> I even tried the first steps given in the documentation, but i get an
> error saying "No process listening on the resource".
>
> I need to complete it as soon as possible, so please provide me help
> with necessary information.

You should have a look into the chapter about Add-Ons in the DevGuide.
That's exactly what you need.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [hidden email] is a spam sink.

Re: Help needed

Joesny Fagner de Oliveira
Hi Basavaraj,

Maybe this document could help you:
http://go-oo.org/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

or follwing this steps too...

http://development.openoffice.org/digest/2004_w08.html
after following the sptes, will be necessary add .uno:MacroDialog intro
for exemplo: sw/uiconfig/swriter/menubar/menubar.xml (for menu) or
sw/uiconfig/swriter/toolbar/standard.xml (for toolbar) its is just a
example....
also will be necessary include .uno:MacroDialog into
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu,
maybe change localize.sdf in this path too include entry for your language.
This  "new item" could bee use in menu or toolbar....

To add new toolbar:
Create a new file looks like sw/uiconfig/swriter/toolbar/standard.xml
(for example)

See
officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterWindowState.xcu
how the entry are organized into this file (look Standard for example),
and put your new toolbar.
The localize.sdf in this directory maybe need change too. (depends your
language...)

compile:
-module where ".sdi" were modifieds : for example -- sfx2: build && deliver
-deliver into : sw because of xml modified
-postprocess: build && deliver
-officecfg: build && deliver...

you can linke libs and link xml, xcu modifieds...
or create install again... re-install openoffice and if all are ok its
will work.

If you want display new toolbar by code: you can look into
sfx2/source/appl/appserv.cxx, this parte of code are responsable for
display toolbar (View->Toolbar->Fontwork) for example, just codify to
call your toolbar, sugestion create a new SID .... :

 case SID_AVAILABLE_TOOLBARS:
        {
            SfxStringItem const * pToolbarName = static_cast< SfxStringItem const *>(
                    rReq.GetArg(SID_AVAILABLE_TOOLBARS, false, TYPE(SfxStringItem)));
(...)

Joesny.

Basavaraj Koti wrote:

>Hi
>i want to add a new menubar to presentation(Impress) application, (Not through tools-->options-->etc..) such that when ever the a new presentation is opened the menu-title to be added and on clicking on it should call a java progam.
>
>I even tried the first steps given in the documentation, but i get an error saying "No process listening on the resource".
>
>I need to complete it as soon as possible, so please provide me help with necessary information.
>
>Waiting for a positive reply
>
>Thanks and Regards
>Basavaraj koti

Re: Help needed

CPHennessy
On Fri December 2 2005 10:33, Basavaraj Koti wrote:

> Hi
> i want to add a new menubar to presentation(Impress) application, (Not
> through tools-->options-->etc..) such that when ever the a new presentation
> is opened the menu-title to be added and on clicking on it should call a
> java progam.
>
> I even tried the first steps given in the documentation, but i get an error
> saying "No process listening on the resource".
>
> I need to complete it as soon as possible, so please provide me help with
> necessary information.
>
> Waiting for a positive reply

As you are not subscribed you may not have seen that:
On Fri December 2 2005 19:06, Joesny Fagner de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi Basavaraj,
>
> Maybe this document could help you:
> http://go-oo.org/wiki/index.php/Tutorials
>

> or follwing this steps too...
>
> http://development.openoffice.org/digest/2004_w08.html
> after following the sptes, will be necessary add .uno:MacroDialog intro
> for exemplo: sw/uiconfig/swriter/menubar/menubar.xml (for menu) or
> sw/uiconfig/swriter/toolbar/standard.xml (for toolbar) its is just a
> example....
> also will be necessary include .uno:MacroDialog into
> officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/GenericCommands.xcu,
> maybe change localize.sdf in this path too include entry for your language.
> This  "new item" could bee use in menu or toolbar....
>
> To add new toolbar:
> Create a new file looks like sw/uiconfig/swriter/toolbar/standard.xml
> (for example)
>
> See
> officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterWindowState.xcu
> how the entry are organized into this file (look Standard for example),
> and put your new toolbar.
> The localize.sdf in this directory maybe need change too. (depends your
> language...)
>
> compile:
> -module where ".sdi" were modifieds : for example -- sfx2: build && deliver
> -deliver into : sw because of xml modified
> -postprocess: build && deliver
> -officecfg: build && deliver...
>
> you can linke libs and link xml, xcu modifieds...
> or create install again... re-install openoffice and if all are ok its
> will work.
>

> If you want display new toolbar by code: you can look into
> sfx2/source/appl/appserv.cxx, this parte of code are responsable for
> display toolbar (View->Toolbar->Fontwork) for example, just codify to
> call your toolbar, sugestion create a new SID .... :
>
>  case SID_AVAILABLE_TOOLBARS:
>         {
>             SfxStringItem const * pToolbarName = static_cast< SfxStringItem
> const *>( rReq.GetArg(SID_AVAILABLE_TOOLBARS, false, TYPE(SfxStringItem)));
> (...)

Please reply to [hidden email] only.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: Help needed

Christian Junker
If you are dealing with OOo 2.0 you might wanna take a look at the ui
module of the API which was heavily improved for 2.0. For further
information, download the SDK and/or subscribe to the dev-api
mailinglist.

2005/12/2, Basavaraj Koti <[hidden email]>:
> Hi
> i want to add a new menubar to presentation(Impress) application, (Not through tools-->options-->etc..) such that when ever the a new presentation is opened the menu-title to > be added and on clicking on it should call a java progam.

two different choices I see: coding on API level providing an
installable UNO component, coding on source code level.
The second one would take much longer time of course, since you also
need to rebuild OOo.

> I even tried the first steps given in the documentation, but i get an error saying "No process listening on the resource".

I am curious about the documentation you are refering to, which one?

--
Best Regards
Christian Junker