Help, please

Ros Peedle
Dear Sirs,

I am a Mac user and I need Open Office in order to complete a Government form. However, I am quite unable to download and install it despite having tried many different routes. I am using Chrome and it doesn't like that; I am using a Mac which seems to be blocking the download somewhere in the system and I can't find out how to release that. I tried to use Safari and the version I have is too advanced so I can't do it that way!! Please can you help?

Ros

Re: Help, please

Alan Boba-2
Ros, I don't frequently have access to Macs so please forgive if these
suggestions are off the mark.

Are you able to download other DMG files from other sites but not the
OpenOffice DMG? If yes, check if your antivirus/malware is blocking the
download.

And... if antivirus/malware is blocking the download, is the download being
attempted from the official site? https://www.openoffice.org If not using
the official site, please use it instead of the one you are using.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Help, please

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 07:21:33 +0000
Ros Peedle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>

> I am a Mac user and I need Open Office in order to complete a Government form. However, I am quite unable to download and install it despite having tried many different routes. I am using Chrome and it doesn't like that; I am using a Mac which seems to be blocking the download somewhere in the system and I can't find out how to release that. I tried to use Safari and the version I have is too advanced so I can't do it that way!! Please can you help?
>

> Ros

The majority of the problems reported recently regarding running OpenOffice on a Mac are due to the GateKeeper program.
See Q05/A05 in the https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283, the Forum Mac FAQ, for this question and solution.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Help, please

Colin Robb
Hi Ros,
I cannot help you because I don't use Mac.I wish you luck.Regards, Colin.

Sent on the go with Vodafone
-------- Original message --------From: Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> Date: 10/10/18  21:52  (GMT+10:00) To: [hidden email] Cc: Ros Peedle <[hidden email]> Subject: Re: Help, please