Help to Start

Luis Saldivia
Hello

I'm interest on start using Free Softw, and i want to know some things, if
you can help me i'll be very thanksful.

I'm very interested on openoffice, and i want to develope a new software
from "calc" in the future but now i need to know about the language you use,
i mean all openoffice is programed in ???

I'm sorry because my english it's not that well, but thanks for the help
(can i write to some people about openoffice in spanish?)

Luis A. Saldivia S.
Cel 0416-4533662

Re: Help to Start

Tom Schindl
Hi,

it depends on the task you want to fullfill. OpenOffice itself is C/C++
but if you only want to write addons, ... you could choose from multiple
languages:
- C/C++
- JavaScript
- Python
- Java
- OOBasic
- ...

Fetch the dev-guide from here (1) and when you have questions about the
API please ask them at [hidden email]. Another resource
available is the snippet collection (2) demonstrating API-Usage in small
samples.

Tom

(1) http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/DevelopersGuide.html
(2) http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/

Luis Saldivia wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm interest on start using Free Softw, and i want to know some things, if
> you can help me i'll be very thanksful.
>
> I'm very interested on openoffice, and i want to develope a new software
> from "calc" in the future but now i need to know about the language you
> use,
> i mean all openoffice is programed in ???
>
> I'm sorry because my english it's not that well, but thanks for the help
> (can i write to some people about openoffice in spanish?)

Re: Help to Start

Laurent Godard-3
Hi

> Fetch the dev-guide from here (1) and when you have questions about the
> API please ask them at [hidden email]. Another resource
> available is the snippet collection (2) demonstrating API-Usage in small
> samples.

regarding addons and extensions, i would also suggest
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development_basic
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development_python

regarding calc, you may also have a look at c++ kohei's addin
http://kohei.us/ooo/solver/
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Optimization_Solver

Welcome on board

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[hidden email]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com

Re: Help to Start

CPHennessy
On Sun May 14 2006 13:21, Luis Saldivia wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm interest on start using Free Softw, and i want to know some things, if
> you can help me i'll be very thanksful.
>
> I'm very interested on openoffice, and i want to develope a new software
> from "calc" in the future but now i need to know about the language you
> use, i mean all openoffice is programed in ???
>
> I'm sorry because my english it's not that well, but thanks for the help
> (can i write to some people about openoffice in spanish?)

There is a Spanish site available at http://es.openoffice.org.
Note that the language of the core components of OpenOffice.org is C++.
However you can write extensions in C++, Java, Python or StarBasic.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ