Help with pdf import extension download

Melinda Marasch
Hi,

I've tried several times to download the pdf import extension for OpenOffice & I keep getting this error.

--

Melinda Marasch, LCSW

Partner
Diverse Management Solutions, LLC
P O Box 201401
Denver, CO 80220
(303) 378-8140

Your Mission is Our Purpose

**This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This message and any attachments hereto may contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email from your computer. The sender does not waive any privilege in the event this message was inadvertently disseminated.**

Re: Help with pdf import extension download

Bernard Marcelly
Hello Melinda,
Your message does not show us which version of OpenOffice you use, and from
which adddress you downloaded the extension. And your image did not pass through.

There is currently a pitfall when searching for PDF import.
Oracle PDF import extension appears as the most popular extension. However it is
_not_ the correct extension for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.

You can see an ambiguous phrase at top of the description : "If you are using
Apache OpenOffice 4.0, use this version."
Few people will remark that "this version" is a link to another extension,
specific to Apache OpenOffice.

The extension PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice is available from
<http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351>
Click on the green button to display the download page.
I downloaded the oxt file without problem.

Regards
   Bernard

Message de Melinda Marasch  date 2014-01-15 19:19 :
> Hi,
>
> I've tried several times to download the pdf import extension for OpenOffice & I
> keep getting this error.
>
> Inline image 1

Re: Help with pdf import extension download

Andrea Pescetti-2
Forwarding Bernard's answer (below) to Melinda who is not subscribed. I
agree, http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351 is the right
version to use. Andrea

Bernard Marcelly wrote:

> Hello Melinda,
> Your message does not show us which version of OpenOffice you use, and
> from which adddress you downloaded the extension. And your image did not
> pass through.
>
> There is currently a pitfall when searching for PDF import.
> Oracle PDF import extension appears as the most popular extension.
> However it is _not_ the correct extension for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.
>
> You can see an ambiguous phrase at top of the description : "If you are
> using Apache OpenOffice 4.0, use this version."
> Few people will remark that "this version" is a link to another
> extension, specific to Apache OpenOffice.
>

> The extension PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice is available from
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351
> Click on the green button to display the download page.
> I downloaded the oxt file without problem.
>
> Regards
> Bernard
>
> Message de Melinda Marasch date 2014-01-15 19:19 :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried several times to download the pdf import extension for
>> OpenOffice & I
>> keep getting this error.
>>
>> Inline image 1

Re: Help with pdf import extension download

Melinda Marasch
Thank you, I believe this fixed the error. I'm sorry I didn't include all
of the relevant information in the first place.

Thank you again,
Melinda