Help with spell check

Bruce Pierson
I have used AOO for a while and only had this problem once before.  I am
using Win 10 as an OS.  The spell check stopped working and I forget the
solution to this problem.  If you could point me in the right direction I'd
appreciate.

Thanks
Bruce Pierson

*"I would rather be lost in the woods, than found in the city. "*

*.....*

Re: Help with spell check

Rory O'Farrell
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:57:10 -0500
Bruce Pierson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have used AOO for a while and only had this problem once before.  I am
> using Win 10 as an OS.  The spell check stopped working and I forget the
> solution to this problem.  If you could point me in the right direction I'd
> appreciate.
>
> Thanks
> Bruce Pierson

Try renaming your OO user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>