Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

Chris Lark

Hi OpenOffice.org,

Just wanted to ask you this - will your software help me read work I had previously madewith Microsoft Works word processor? Thanks for reading this.

Chris

Re: Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

zahra a
hello.
yes. openoffice supports importing microsoft files, but if you need to
export as newer format of microsoft office program like docx xlsx pptx
etc, you need to install libreoffice.
because openoffice only exports as microsoft office 2003 format, like
doc, ppt or xls.

hope that help, God bless you!

On 10/17/17, Chris Lark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi OpenOffice.org,
>
> Just wanted to ask you this - will your software help me read work I had
> previously madewith Microsoft Works word processor? Thanks for reading this.
>

> Chris

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

James Knott
I believe the question was about Microsoft Works files, not Office.  I
don't know that OO can open Works files.

On 10/17/2017 08:03 AM, zahra a wrote:

> hello.
> yes. openoffice supports importing microsoft files, but if you need to
> export as newer format of microsoft office program like docx xlsx pptx
> etc, you need to install libreoffice.
> because openoffice only exports as microsoft office 2003 format, like
> doc, ppt or xls.
>
> hope that help, God bless you!
>
> On 10/17/17, Chris Lark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi OpenOffice.org,
>>
>> Just wanted to ask you this - will your software help me read work I had
>> previously madewith Microsoft Works word processor? Thanks for reading this.
>>

>> Chris

Re: Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

jonathon-3
On 10/17/2017 03:49 AM, Chris Lark wrote:

>read work I had previously madewith Microsoft Works word processor?

Apache OpenOffice does not import/read Microsoft Works files.
LibreOffice can import/read _some_ Microsoft Works files.

Neither office suite will save to a Microsoft Works file format.

jonathon

Re: Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

Keith N. McKenna
On 10/16/2017 11:49 PM, Chris Lark wrote:

> Hi OpenOffice.org,
>
> Just wanted to ask you this - will your software help me read work I had previously madewith Microsoft Works word processor? Thanks for reading this.
>

> Chris

Chris;

Unfortunately no. Apache OpenOffice (AOO) does not support the Microsoft
Works word processor format natively. You do have a couple of options
though. If you still have access to a Microsoft Works installation you
can export them from the .wps format to .doc which AOO will open;
convert them using an online converter, www.zamzar.com says it will
concert from .wps to .odt which is the native file format for AOO.

Also I believe that LibreOffice does have the capability to open .wps files.

Regards
Keith

Re: Hi OpenOffice.org - General Support question

zahra a
yes.
libreoffice can opens such file.
Microsoft Works Document (*.wps)