Hi

Gloria Johnson
Hi

 I am a happy customer of Open Office.org.  It was just the price I needed at the time FREE! thank you. However, I am having trouble sending documents to my professors and job HR departments for employment.  My operating system is Vista; is it possible that, that is the source of my problem and not my Open Office program??
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Thank you for being there for people like me, Gloria

Re: Hi

Jim White
Gloria Johnson wrote:

> I am a happy customer of Open Office.org.  It was just the price I
> needed at the time FREE! thank you. However, I am having trouble
> sending documents to my professors and job HR departments for
> employment.  My operating system is Vista; is it possible that, that
> is the source of my problem and not my Open Office program??

This mailing list is for developers, you will have more success with
user-oriented forums.

http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
http://user-faq.openoffice.org/

As for your problem you don't supply nearly enough information for
anyone to know what is going on.  A likely source of trouble is that
you're using ODF, the default OpenOffice document format and that the
people you're sending documents to are using M$ Office.

When sending documents to others I recommend using "Save As..." in Rich
Text Format (.rtf).  That can be opened by practically any editor that
isn't for simple plan text files.

Jim