Hillary should give up

Daniel Carrera-2
Hillary Clinton should stop dragging on the Democratic primaries. There
are 305 delegates left and she needs to win 250 of them to get the
nomination. Does she really think she has any chance of getting 81% of
the remaining 305 delegates when Obama has received 52% of the previous
3,732 delegates?

She's just hurting her own party by not letting Obama get on with the
presidential campaign.

Daniel.

Re: Hillary should give up

Robert Derman
Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Hillary Clinton should stop dragging on the Democratic primaries.
> There are 305 delegates left and she needs to win 250 of them to get
> the nomination. Does she really think she has any chance of getting
> 81% of the remaining 305 delegates when Obama has received 52% of the
> previous 3,732 delegates?
>
> She's just hurting her own party by not letting Obama get on with the
> presidential campaign.
>
> Daniel.
At this point it probably doesn't matter much anymore, the last of the
primaries will be over in about 2 weeks.

Re: Hillary should give up

Daniel Carrera-2
Robert Derman wrote:
>> She's just hurting her own party by not letting Obama get on with the
>> presidential campaign.
>>
> At this point it probably doesn't matter much anymore, the last of the
> primaries will be over in about 2 weeks.

But the democratic convention won't be until the end of August. There
are 107 pledged delegates to be settled and Obama needs 70 to secure the
nomination. I guess that Obama could get 55 pledged delegates and 15
super delegates in the next two weeks. But the super delegates don't
actually vote until the convention, and Obama can't win without super
delegates. So Hillary can drag this on until the end of August if she
wishes. That would only leave 2 months for Obama to campaign against
McCain. Of course, Obama is trying to campaign against McCain already,
but if Hillary keeps making noise, she really won't be helping anyone
but the GOP and McCain.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Re: Hillary should give up

John Meyer-8
Daniel Carrera wrote:

> Robert Derman wrote:
>>> She's just hurting her own party by not letting Obama get on with
>>> the presidential campaign.
>>>
>> At this point it probably doesn't matter much anymore, the last of
>> the primaries will be over in about 2 weeks.
>

> But the democratic convention won't be until the end of August. There
> are 107 pledged delegates to be settled and Obama needs 70 to secure
> the nomination. I guess that Obama could get 55 pledged delegates and
> 15 super delegates in the next two weeks. But the super delegates
> don't actually vote until the convention, and Obama can't win without
> super delegates. So Hillary can drag this on until the end of August
> if she wishes. That would only leave 2 months for Obama to campaign
> against McCain. Of course, Obama is trying to campaign against McCain
> already, but if Hillary keeps making noise, she really won't be
> helping anyone but the GOP and McCain.

Wonder if Obama is hiring operatives to go out and plant Bob Barr for
President signs all over.

RE: Hillary should give up

Pat McBride
It's her choice.  Fighting to the end.  Good on her!  She may have a chance,
but so does a snowball in hell.  If only for a minute.  One thing that I
can't understand is the political system in the former colonies.  Or maybe I
slept through it in History 101.  Anyhoo, our system in Canada and the
system 'south of 49' is that it's one hell of a lot better than those poor
folks in Burma (can you imagine having a sergeant-major for a president?),
the ones in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Korea.