How do you drag a formulae down a column.

How do you drag a formulae down a column.

Robert Harrison

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: How do you drag a formulae down a column.

David Robley
Select the cell you want to drag; use the black square at the bottom
right of the cell to drag the contents down/across as needed.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 3/3/20 3:58 pm, Robert Harrison wrote:

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Cheers
--
David Robley

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

RE: How do you drag a formulae down a column.

Jörg Schmidt-2

That seems like the wrong answer.

imho is the right answer:

1.
in a single cell:
-mark the cell while holding down CTRL

with multiple cells:
-select the cells

2.
-point with the mouse in the middle(!) of a selected cell, hold down the mouse button and start dragging

What matters is the difference to MS Excel, because with Excel you have to drag at the border of the cell and with AOO Calc in the middle.

greetings,
Jörg

Re: How do you drag a formulae down a column.

F Campos Costero
I am happy to answer your question but this is not the best place to ask
user questions. Please use the users mailing list or the user forum (
https://forum.openoffice.org) in the future.

To drag a formula down a column, first left click on the cell containing
the formula. It will then have a dark border with a small square in the
lower right corner. Click and hold on that square and drag down as far as
required.

Regards,
Francis