How save .xlsx -files

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How save .xlsx -files

Knut.Heijkenskjold@Telia.com
Hallo OpenOffice
I would like to save EXCEl-files in the .xlsx-version - how can that be done?
My friends are using MS-office, latest version...


--


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How save .xlsx -files

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 19 May 2017 20:57:34 +0200 (CEST)
"[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hallo OpenOffice
> I would like to save EXCEl-files in the .xlsx-version - how can that be done?
> My friends are using MS-office, latest version...
> / [hidden email]
> --

Not possible using OpenOffice; the MS applications that can read .xlsx files can also read .xls and .ods files which OO can make (.ods is its default)

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How save .xlsx -files

M Henri Day
In reply to this post by Knut.Heijkenskjold@Telia.com
2017-05-19 20:57 GMT+02:00 [hidden email] <
[hidden email]>:

> Hallo OpenOffice
> I would like to save EXCEl-files in the .xlsx-version - how can that be
> done?
> My friends are using MS-office, latest version...
> / [hidden email]
>

​Just a heads up, Knut​, but *LibreOffice* has no problem saving
spreadsheet files in the Microsoft .xlsx format....

MVH

Henri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How save .xlsx -files

Rory O'Farrell
On Sun, 21 May 2017 13:08:43 +0200
M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2017-05-19 20:57 GMT+02:00 [hidden email] <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> > Hallo OpenOffice
> > I would like to save EXCEl-files in the .xlsx-version - how can that be
> > done?
> > My friends are using MS-office, latest version...
> > / [hidden email]
> >
>
> ​Just a heads up, Knut​, but *LibreOffice* has no problem saving
> spreadsheet files in the Microsoft .xlsx format....
>
> MVH
>
> Henri

What can an .xlsx file do that an .xls cannot?  Why bother changing formats?  The MS applications that read .xlsx can all read .xls, and OpenOffice's native .ods formats.  

Tell your MS-using friends to master their package instead of driving it blindly,

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How save .xlsx -files

Dave Fisher
Hi -

The OOXML format has been around for a decade and MSFT continues to tweak it ever so slightly. They also make changes to XLS, XLSB and the other binary formats. This is done at every release both Windows and Mac.

Does LO read XLSX?

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 21, 2017, at 7:37 AM, Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 21 May 2017 13:08:43 +0200
> M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> 2017-05-19 20:57 GMT+02:00 [hidden email] <
>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Hallo OpenOffice
>>> I would like to save EXCEl-files in the .xlsx-version - how can that be
>>> done?
>>> My friends are using MS-office, latest version...
>>> / [hidden email]
>>>
>>
>> ​Just a heads up, Knut​, but *LibreOffice* has no problem saving
>> spreadsheet files in the Microsoft .xlsx format....
>>
>> MVH
>>
>> Henri
>
> What can an .xlsx file do that an .xls cannot?  Why bother changing formats?  The MS applications that read .xlsx can all read .xls, and OpenOffice's native .ods formats.  
>
> Tell your MS-using friends to master their package instead of driving it blindly,
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]