How to Get Chronological Order of Versions

How to Get Chronological Order of Versions

Chengnian Sun
Dear All,

How can I get the chronological order of the versions in the "version" field
in the issue submitting page?

I found a page on the release codelines in the wiki
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ReleaseCodeline

However, it seems not complete, for example, in the submitting page, there
is a version "680m20", which is not stated in the wiki.

Can anyone pinpoint some resources for me?

Thank you in advance.

Chengnian.

Re: How to Get Chronological Order of Versions

marcus.lange
Hi Chengnian,

680m20 is a version old enough that you can just forget it as it points
to release 2.0 (as far as I remember). Everything with 680, 645, 644 or
SRC in the term you should forget.

"OOH", "OOF" etc. are pointing to releases of 2.x and are IMHO no longer
interesting, too.

Important as it is not that old are all terms starting with "OOO" and "DEV".

HTH

Best regards

Marcus

Chengnian Sun wrote:

> How can I get the chronological order of the versions in the "version" field
> in the issue submitting page?
>
> I found a page on the release codelines in the wiki
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ReleaseCodeline
>
> However, it seems not complete, for example, in the submitting page, there
> is a version "680m20", which is not stated in the wiki.
>
> Can anyone pinpoint some resources for me?

Re: How to Get Chronological Order of Versions

Chengnian Sun
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your advice. :-) It is very useful.

Chengnian.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Marcus Lange <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Chengnian,
>
> 680m20 is a version old enough that you can just forget it as it points to
> release 2.0 (as far as I remember). Everything with 680, 645, 644 or SRC in
> the term you should forget.
>
> "OOH", "OOF" etc. are pointing to releases of 2.x and are IMHO no longer
> interesting, too.
>
> Important as it is not that old are all terms starting with "OOO" and
> "DEV".
>

> HTH
>
> Best regards
>
> Marcus
>

> Chengnian Sun wrote:
>
>> How can I get the chronological order of the versions in the "version"
>> field
>> in the issue submitting page?
>>
>> I found a page on the release codelines in the wiki
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ReleaseCodeline
>>
>> However, it seems not complete, for example, in the submitting page, there
>> is a version "680m20", which is not stated in the wiki.
>>
>> Can anyone pinpoint some resources for me?

Best Regards.

Chengnian SUN.