How to add other brands of Business Card paper products?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to add other brands of Business Card paper products?

Anthony Howe
OpenOffice 2.0

I live in Europe and use DECAdry paper products http://www.decadry.com/ 
for business cards, etc. However, when I use the File > New > Business
Cards wizard (or Labels) I cannot find DECAdry in the brand list and
can't find an equivalent; is there?

So how do I add other brand templates for business cards and/or labels
for say DECAdry SCB-7656 paper?

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add other brands of Business Card paper products?

Gregory Forster
I had a similar problem, untilGRS straightened me out.
 But what I did worked and you may do the same thing.

When you access File/New/Labels go to Avery Letter
Size.
1 Pick out a label that is close, (say a 5371Business
Card White.
2 Click the Format tab
3 How many rows of "labels" business cards does your
business card sheet have?
4 How many columns of "labels" business cards does
your business card sheet have?
5 Take a ruler to your DECAdry sheet of business
cards:  adjust the verticle pitch, horizontal pitch,
width and height, left and right margins.  
6 When you think you have it right, click the Options
tab.
7 Click Synchronize contents.
8 Click New Document
9 Create a sample "quickie" test label in the first
label box.
10 Click synchronize
11 Print out a test sheet on regular paper.
12 Hold the test sheet behind your sheet of actual
labels to a bright light.
13 See how the printed test sheet labels line up with
your sheet of actual labels.
If they line up, GREAT!
If they don't, keep repeating steps 5 - 13 - I know,
the first one is a pain, but DO IT, they get a lot
easier.
When the test sheet finally lines up with your actual
DECAdry sheet of labels, click save.
In the Brand box, type DECAdry.
In the Type box, type what ever DECAdry labels (cards)
they are.
Now, when you go to a File/New/Labels, the label
definition is there for the DECAdry you just created.


The first one is always the hardest and longest to do,
but like everything else, the more you do, the easier
and faster it becomes.

Greg


--- Anthony Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OpenOffice 2.0
>
> I live in Europe and use DECAdry paper products
> http://www.decadry.com/ 
> for business cards, etc. However, when I use the
> File > New > Business
> Cards wizard (or Labels) I cannot find DECAdry in
> the brand list and
> can't find an equivalent; is there?
>
> So how do I add other brand templates for business
> cards and/or labels
> for say DECAdry SCB-7656 paper?
>
> --
> Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6
> 11 89 73 78
> http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561        
> AIM: Sir Wumpus
>
> Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions          
> http://www.snertsoft.com/
>                                              We
> Serve Your Server
>
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [hidden email]
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add other brands of Business Card paper products?

Anthony Howe
Gregory Forster wrote:
> I had a similar problem, untilGRS straightened me out.

GRS?

>  But what I did worked and you may do the same thing.
>
> When you access File/New/Labels go to Avery Letter
> Size.

I presume the same holds true for Avery A4, since Europe uses A4 paper.

Anyways. I'll give it a go tomorrow morning and reply yea or nea.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to add other brands of Business Card paper products?

Anthony Howe
In reply to this post by Gregory Forster
Thank you. That worked and answers my question.

Gregory Forster wrote:
> In the Brand box, type DECAdry.
> In the Type box, type what ever DECAdry labels (cards)
> they are.
> Now, when you go to a File/New/Labels, the label
> definition is there for the DECAdry you just created.

NEW question though: how do you delete Brand/Type entries?

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ: 7116561         AIM: Sir Wumpus

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]