Quantcast

How to alphabetize a simple list of words?

How to alphabetize a simple list of words?

johncasey417
Please respond noting how I can alphabetize a simple list of words in OpenOffice Writer?
The only thing I can compare it to is the A/Z looking symbol on the toolbar of MS Word that allows a person to sort from A-Z or Z-A. It may be a filter or something similar and I am probably just missing something simple, but I do need the tool if it is available. I am not a computer wiz and would appreciate the process explained so I can achieve it without too much frustration and failures. Tank you, John Casey

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: How to alphabetize a simple list of words?

Martin Groenescheij

On 15/05/17 12:59 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Please respond noting how I can alphabetize a simple list of words in OpenOffice Writer?
> The only thing I can compare it to is the A/Z looking symbol on the toolbar of MS Word that allows a person to sort from A-Z or Z-A. It may be a filter or something similar and I am probably just missing something simple, but I do need the tool if it is available. I am not a computer wiz and would appreciate the process explained so I can achieve it without too much frustration and failures. Tank you, John Casey

A lot depend on the structure of your document.
One of the things you could do is convert your text into a table.
When you have a table you can sort by row or column.

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: How to alphabetize a simple list of words?

Regina Henschel
Hi John,

I assume, that the words are one below the other, each in its own
paragraph. Then select the entire list and use menu Tools > Sort…

Kind regards
Regina

[hidden email] schrieb:
> Please respond noting how I can alphabetize a simple list of words in OpenOffice Writer?
> The only thing I can compare it to is the A/Z looking symbol on the toolbar of MS Word that allows a person to sort from A-Z or Z-A. It may be a filter or something similar and I am probably just missing something simple, but I do need the tool if it is available. I am not a computer wiz and would appreciate the process explained so I can achieve it without too much frustration and failures. Tank you, John Casey

Re: How to alphabetize a simple list of words?

johncasey417
Thank you very much.  J. Casey