How to compile OpenOffice ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to compile OpenOffice ?

bastl73
I downloaded the source, but now, how can I compile OpenOffice?
No readme.file or other documentation how to do that in
OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz.

RPMs, what does they have use to me... I need to compile from source.
Or better let me say I want to compile from source - than I know what I´ve on
my system.

So I hope anybody can give me a really good answer, how to compile OpenOffice.
And not how to use these RPMs and that could work.

Many thanks
                          Sebastian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

maxweber
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:47:37PM +0000, sebastian wrote:
> I downloaded the source, but now, how can I compile OpenOffice?

http://development.openoffice.org/

Max

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

bastl73
> http://development.openoffice.org/
>
> Max
>
------------------------------------------------

OK. but I don´t found any docs about how to compile this stable
version (OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz)  without makefiles and configure and so on.
I thought I could take a building environment from cvs but there is so much to
change (back).

          sebastian

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

Rene Engelhard-7
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

sebastian wrote:
> > http://development.openoffice.org/
> >
> > Max
> >
> ------------------------------------------------
>
> OK. but I don?t found any docs about how to compile this stable
> version (OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz)  without makefiles and configure and so on.

You are wrong. There is configure (although a bit "hidden" in
the config_office subdirectory)

Build instructions:
http://tools.openoffice.org/dev_docs/build_linux.html

Regards,

Rene
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFDzW9A+FmQsCSK63MRAtWcAJ9ykNP8A1tsUEVCPuHn50lOyacMnACfepIa
Wq+AoL1bfOM5vTDwE4/V3Us=
=SIAV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

Kohei Yoshida
In reply to this post by bastl73
On 1/17/06, sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK. but I don´t found any docs about how to compile this stable
> version (OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz)  without makefiles and configure and so on.
> I thought I could take a building environment from cvs but there is so much to
> change (back).

This page will hopefully give you enough information, or at least be a
good starting point.

http://tools.openoffice.org/

HTH,
Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida
OpenOffice.org Calc Hacker
http://kohei.us/ooo/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

bastl73
In reply to this post by Rene Engelhard-7
> You are wrong. There is configure (although a bit "hidden" in
> the config_office subdirectory)
>
> Build instructions:
> http://tools.openoffice.org/dev_docs/build_linux.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Rene

That was the hint I needed, thank you verry much Rene.
OK. all works fine.
But I get an error at compiling this package (OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz).
Have a look:

Making: ../unxlngi6.pro/obj/hidc_yy.obj
g++ -Wreturn-type -fmessage-length=0 -c -I.  -I. -I../inc -I../inc
-I../unx/inc -I../unxlngi6.pro/inc -I.
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/inc/stl
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/inc/external
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/inc
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solenv/unxlngi6/inc
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solenv/inc -I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/res
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solver/680/unxlngi6.pro/inc/stl
-I/prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/solenv/inc/Xp31 -I/usr/jdk/include
-I/usr/jdk/include/linux -I/usr/jdk/include/native_threads/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include     -I. -I../res -I. -Os -fno-strict-aliasing
-Wuninitialized   -pipe -mtune=pentiumpro -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
-fno-exceptions    -DLINUX -DUNX -DVCL -DGCC -DC341 -DINTEL
-DGXX_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4
-DCVER=C341 -D_USE_NAMESPACE -DGLIBC=2 -DX86 -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT
-DNEW_SOLAR -D_USE_NAMESPACE=1 -DSTLPORT_VERSION=400 -D__DMAKE -DUNIX
-DCPPU_ENV=gcc3 -DSUPD=680 -DPRODUCT -DNDEBUG -DPRODUCT_FULL
-DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DOPTIMIZE -DEXCEPTIONS_OFF -DCUI -DSOLAR_JAVA -DOOA680  
-DYY_NEVER_INTERACTIVE=1 -DMULTITHREAD  -DMULTITHREAD  
-o ../unxlngi6.pro/obj/hidc_yy.o ../unxlngi6.pro/misc/hidc_yy.cxx
hidclex.l: In function `int yylex()':
hidclex.l:633: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
---------------
that means -> error: invalid conversion from »YY_CHAR*« to »const char*«
----------------
hidclex.l:633: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »int strcmp(const char*, const char*)«
wird initialisiert
hidclex.l:689: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
hidclex.l:689: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »int strcmp(const char*, const char*)«
wird initialisiert
hidclex.l:691: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
hidclex.l:691: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »int strcmp(const char*, const char*)«
wird initialisiert
hidclex.l:799: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
hidclex.l:799: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »char* strchr(const char*, int)« wird
initialisiert
hidclex.l:816: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
hidclex.l:816: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »char* strrchr(const char*, int)« wird
initialisiert
hidclex.l:836: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »const char*«
hidclex.l:836: Fehler:   Argument 1 von »char* strstr(const char*, const
char*)« wird initialisiert
hidclex.l:842: Fehler: Ungültige Umformung von »YY_CHAR*« in »char*«
hidclex.l:842: Fehler:   Argument 2 von »void makestring(char**, char*)« wird
initialisiert
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxlngi6.pro/obj/hidc_yy.obj'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while
making /prog/OpenOffice/OOA680_m1/soltools/HIDCompiler
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'
#

My system:

glibc-2.3.2
gcc-3.4.4          


     

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to compile OpenOffice ?

Jörg Barfurth
In reply to this post by bastl73
sebastian schrieb:

>>Build instructions:
>>http://tools.openoffice.org/dev_docs/build_linux.html
>>

> That was the hint I needed, thank you verry much Rene.
> OK. all works fine.
> But I get an error at compiling this package (OOo_2.0.1rc5_src.tar.gz).
...

Try another version of bison. And report back which version was broken
for you, if the above link doesn't already tell you so.

BTW: The most topical list for build issues is [hidden email],org

Ciao, Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> using std::disclaimer <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Software Engineer                         [hidden email]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]