How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Czesław Wolański
Hi all,

Could someone please explain to me in layman's term how to create a child
page for AOO 4.1.8 Release Notes?

I studied online help and offline manual for Confluence, tried a few times
and ended up with a draft in APACHECON / Dashboard / Home.
I can neither move it to Apache OpenOffice Community space nor create a
blank page therein.

Am I missing something or too dumb?

Regards
Czesław Wolański

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Dave Fisher-2
Hi -

Create child page on the bottom of the left navigation.

On the edit page just to the right of the breadcrumbs is an outline icon. Press that!

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Czesław Wolański <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Could someone please explain to me in layman's term how to create a child
> page for AOO 4.1.8 Release Notes?
>
> I studied online help and offline manual for Confluence, tried a few times
> and ended up with a draft in APACHECON / Dashboard / Home.
> I can neither move it to Apache OpenOffice Community space nor create a
> blank page therein.
>
> Am I missing something or too dumb?
>
> Regards
> Czesław Wolański

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Dave Fisher-2
If you start here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8

All you need to do is press Create child page

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> Create child page on the bottom of the left navigation.
>
> On the edit page just to the right of the breadcrumbs is an outline icon. Press that!
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Czesław Wolański <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could someone please explain to me in layman's term how to create a child
>> page for AOO 4.1.8 Release Notes?
>>
>> I studied online help and offline manual for Confluence, tried a few times
>> and ended up with a draft in APACHECON / Dashboard / Home.
>> I can neither move it to Apache OpenOffice Community space nor create a
>> blank page therein.
>>
>> Am I missing something or too dumb?
>>
>> Regards
>> Czesław Wolański

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Andrea Pescetti-2
Dave Fisher wrote:
> If you start here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8
> All you need to do is press Create child page

Actually, what I usually do is to copy the page; the Copy function asks
what page to use as parent and there one can specify the original page
as parent. This allows in-line translation which is often faster.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Czesław Wolański
Hi Dave, Andrea

@Dave
I understand your words but when I start here (being logged in):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8

- on the bottom of the left navigation I see only "Space tools"
- just to the right of the breadcrumbs there is no an outline icon
  (and what is "the edit page"?)
- I see no "Create child page" to press.

@Andrea
I have already tried the Copy function - got a message:
Please choose a different space"

That is why I choose the "Create" button to compose a draft...

Thank you both for your patience.

Regards
Czesław

вт, 17 нояб. 2020 г. в 21:30, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:

> If you start here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8
>
> All you need to do is press Create child page
>
> > On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > Create child page on the bottom of the left navigation.
> >
> > On the edit page just to the right of the breadcrumbs is an outline
> icon. Press that!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave
> >
> >> On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Czesław Wolański <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Could someone please explain to me in layman's term how to create a
> child
> >> page for AOO 4.1.8 Release Notes?
> >>
> >> I studied online help and offline manual for Confluence, tried a few
> times
> >> and ended up with a draft in APACHECON / Dashboard / Home.
> >> I can neither move it to Apache OpenOffice Community space nor create a
> >> blank page therein.
> >>
> >> Am I missing something or too dumb?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Czesław Wolański

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Dave Fisher-2
Hi -

This was a permissions issue. You should be good now.

Regards,
Dave

> On Nov 17, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Czesław Wolański <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave, Andrea
>
> @Dave
> I understand your words but when I start here (being logged in):
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8
>
> - on the bottom of the left navigation I see only "Space tools"
> - just to the right of the breadcrumbs there is no an outline icon
>  (and what is "the edit page"?)
> - I see no "Create child page" to press.
>
> @Andrea
> I have already tried the Copy function - got a message:
> Please choose a different space"
>
> That is why I choose the "Create" button to compose a draft...
>
> Thank you both for your patience.
>
> Regards
> Czesław
>

> вт, 17 нояб. 2020 г. в 21:30, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]>:
>
>> If you start here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.8
>>
>> All you need to do is press Create child page
>>
>>> On Nov 17, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Create child page on the bottom of the left navigation.
>>>
>>> On the edit page just to the right of the breadcrumbs is an outline
>> icon. Press that!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

>> child

>> times

Re: How to create a child page in Apache OpenOffice Community space (cwiki)?

Czesław Wolański
Hi Dave,

It is working now. Thank you.

And I have finally found the answer to my question:

> Am I missing something or too dumb?

The answer is YES and YES. :'‑)

Regards,
Czesław