How to do it???

Larry Tanzer
Good Morning,
I recently installed your Open Office 4.1.7   So far, it has worked well.
Today, I ran into a snag.  I received an e-mail with a word document attached.  When I click on the attachment, it opens up, but a moment later another screen opens up on top of it, asking me to subscribe to Office 365.  If I close that screen, it also closes the attachment.
How do I get to open the attachment in Open Office?  I probably have the same issue if the attachment is an excel spreadsheet.  I am using Windows 10.
Thank you,
Larry Tanzer

Re: How to do it???

Johnny Rosenberg
Den tis 20 okt. 2020 kl 18:15 skrev Larry Tanzer <[hidden email]>:

> Good Morning,
> I recently installed your Open Office 4.1.7   So far, it has worked well.
> Today, I ran into a snag.  I received an e-mail with a word document
> attached.  When I click on the attachment, it opens up, but a moment later
> another screen opens up on top of it, asking me to subscribe to Office
> 365.  If I close that screen, it also closes the attachment.
> How do I get to open the attachment in Open Office?  I probably have the
> same issue if the attachment is an excel spreadsheet.  I am using Windows
> 10.

You clicked on the attachment in what? Your web browser (which one?), your
email client (which one?) or what?

have you tried to just save the attachment and then open it from where you
saved it?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

> Thank you,
> Larry Tanzer

Re: How to do it???

Steven Ahlers

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 20, 2020, at 11:59 AM, Johnny Rosenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Den tis 20 okt. 2020 kl 18:15 skrev Larry Tanzer <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Good Morning,
>> I recently installed your Open Office 4.1.7   So far, it has worked well.
>> Today, I ran into a snag.  I received an e-mail with a word document
>> attached.  When I click on the attachment, it opens up, but a moment later
>> another screen opens up on top of it, asking me to subscribe to Office
>> 365.  If I close that screen, it also closes the attachment.
>> How do I get to open the attachment in Open Office?  I probably have the
>> same issue if the attachment is an excel spreadsheet.  I am using Windows
>> 10.
>>

> You clicked on the attachment in what? Your web browser (which one?), your
> email client (which one?) or what?
>
> have you tried to just save the attachment and then open it from where you
> saved it?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
>

>> Thank you,
>> Larry Tanzer

Re: How to do it???

Steven Ahlers
Larry,

Right click (control click) on file, choose Open With, navigate to Writer and Open. If you want this to happen to all “Word” files then check the box for all similar files.

Sent from my iPhone