How to find the Schema name from a dataform using the MySQL native connector?

How to find the Schema name from a dataform using the MySQL native connector?

Drew Jensen
Hi,

Specifically the updateSchema name.

The property at the dataform returns a null string.

The SQLQueryCompoers doesn't seem to have a way.

Am I missing something ovious?

For example the insert routines attached to another email work if I
include the schema name in the INSERT statement.
Building the SQL statement and starting from a simple SELECT statement
in the dataform:
ie SELECT * FROM "schema"."Table"

How do I get get "schema", short of parsing the string myself?

Thanks for you help,

Drew

Re: How to find the Schema name from a dataform using the MySQL native connector?

frank.schoenheit
Hi Drew,

> Specifically the updateSchema name.
>
> The property at the dataform returns a null string.
>
> The SQLQueryCompoers doesn't seem to have a way.

The column objects returned by the composer should have a SchemaName.
Remember that the schema basically belongs to the table name, and the
qualified table name is an attribute of the column, not of the select
statement as the whole.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [hidden email] -
- Sun Microsystems                      http://www.sun.com/staroffice -