How-to for LDAP integration / field mapping / aliasing with EvolutionPerson schema

How-to for LDAP integration / field mapping / aliasing with EvolutionPerson schema

Christian Boulanger-3
Hello,

I am running OpenOffice 2.0 (Windows) and want to integrate an LDAP
server in Base. I have an LDAP server running with the evolutionPerson
schema. The LDAP server can be integrated easily, but most fields are
empty because they are not mapped to the evolutionPerson attributes

Where can I find information how I can configure my LDAP server / the
MozillaLDAP component in OO so that the fields are correctly mapped?
From what I could gather from the (very!!!) sparse information available
on the net, OO uses MozillaAddressbookEntry schema, but that looks
different from http://dba.openoffice.org/FAQ/LDAP_field_mapping.html.

There is an urgent need for public documentation on how to do this.
Mozilla LDAP support is good and well, but as long as Thunderbird /
Mozilla only offers read-only access to LDAP, it is rather useless. Only
Evolution and web-based addressbooks based on evolutionPerson schema
offer write access at the moment. Thus OO should support these schemas,
too...

Thanks for any pointers!

Christian Boulanger

Re: How-to for LDAP integration / field mapping / aliasing with EvolutionPerson schema

Kai Sommerfeld
Hi Christian,

 the UCB currently provides no LDAP  functionality. It seems that the
best mailinglist for your questions is [hidden email]...

 Regards,
Kai.