How to get row value in array formula

mesa rit
Hi,

In Excel, when I used the array formula on a group of
cells, I can use like {0;1;2;3;4} for the rowValue of
the cell and {0,1,2,3,4} for the column value of the
cell.

What is the equivalent method in OpenOffice?

I have asked in the user forum, but no answer
received. I am wondering, whether this feature is
available in open office?

the neearest I can get is =row(...) but it will return
the row number of the whole sheet. What I need is the
row number of the selected array.

rgds,

Re: How to get row value in array formula

Niklas Nebel
mesa rit wrote:
> In Excel, when I used the array formula on a group of
> cells, I can use like {0;1;2;3;4} for the rowValue of
> the cell and {0,1,2,3,4} for the column value of the
> cell.
>
> What is the equivalent method in OpenOffice?

Array constants will probably be supported sometime in the future (issue
32342). Until then, you can always put the sequence of numbers into a
cell range and use a reference to that.

> I have asked in the user forum, but no answer
> received. I am wondering, whether this feature is
> available in open office?

We also have a separate spreadsheet users list, [hidden email].

> the neearest I can get is =row(...) but it will return
> the row number of the whole sheet. What I need is the
> row number of the selected array.

You can also use ROW()-ROW(xx), where xx is the first cell of the array
formula, or something like ROW(B5:B7)-ROW(B5).

Niklas