How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

Jörg Schmidt-2
Hello,

How up to date are the informations on:
https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

Are there any additional hints?

Reason for my questions: I want to update the german installation manual [1] in the next days.

[1]
http://prooo-box.org/live/dokumentation/office/installations_handbuch.pdf

greetings,
Jörg

Re: How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

Marcus (OOo)
Am 30.12.18 um 18:18 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> How up to date are the informations on:
> https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>
> Are there any additional hints?
>
> Reason for my questions: I want to update the german installation manual [1] in the next days.
>
> [1]
> http://prooo-box.org/live/dokumentation/office/installations_handbuch.pdf

the 4.1.x release branch is a stable one. I don't know of larger changes
that would influence the underlying system and lead to extended
requirements.

Larger releases as the cooking 4.2.0 is of course difference. Here we
need to have a closer look on the minimum requirements.

Marcus

Re: How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

Peter Kovacs-3
I think the requirements are a little outdated on [1] in respect of
Java. We should recommend actual official Version. From my understanding

I think so far we recognize 1.7 and 1.8. I do not know how OpenOffice
reacts on 1.9 and 1.10. But I hope on user side it works

With 4.2.0 the requirements on Linux will change but currently the
agreement is to support Windows XP - Windows 10.

For Mac the install requirement shall also stay stable with 10.07.

On Linux side I think the requirement should be the Linux version and
glibc of centOS 5 for 4.1.x for 4.2.x we will have to use CentOS 7,
which sets the minimum for all other installations.

[1] https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

On 30.12.18 22:03, Marcus wrote:

> Am 30.12.18 um 18:18 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>> How up to date are the informations on:
>> https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>>
>> Are there any additional hints?
>>
>> Reason for my questions: I want to update the german installation
>> manual [1] in the next days.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://prooo-box.org/live/dokumentation/office/installations_handbuch.pdf
>>

> the 4.1.x release branch is a stable one. I don't know of larger
> changes that would influence the underlying system and lead to
> extended requirements.
>
> Larger releases as the cooking 4.2.0 is of course difference. Here we
> need to have a closer look on the minimum requirements.
>
> Marcus

Re: How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

Am 30.12.18 um 22:33 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> I think the requirements are a little outdated on [1] in respect of
> Java. We should recommend actual official Version. From my understanding
>
> I think so far we recognize 1.7 and 1.8. I do not know how OpenOffice
> reacts on 1.9 and 1.10. But I hope on user side it works
1.9 and 1.10 are outdated next months. The next LTS Version of Java is
version 11. But AOO doesn't work with Java 11 from user side.

I don't know what we must change so AOO recognize the "Java Runtime".

> With 4.2.0 the requirements on Linux will change but currently the
> agreement is to support Windows XP - Windows 10.
>
> For Mac the install requirement shall also stay stable with 10.07.
>
> On Linux side I think the requirement should be the Linux version and
> glibc of centOS 5 for 4.1.x for 4.2.x we will have to use CentOS 7,
> which sets the minimum for all other installations.

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: How up-to-date are the specified system requirements?

Keith N. McKenna
On 12/30/2018 5:20 PM, Mechtilde wrote:

> Hello
>
> Am 30.12.18 um 22:33 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> I think the requirements are a little outdated on [1] in respect of
>> Java. We should recommend actual official Version. From my understanding
>>
>> I think so far we recognize 1.7 and 1.8. I do not know how OpenOffice
>> reacts on 1.9 and 1.10. But I hope on user side it works
> 1.9 and 1.10 are outdated next months. The next LTS Version of Java is
> version 11. But AOO doesn't work with Java 11 from user side.
>
> I don't know what we must change so AOO recognize the "Java Runtime".
>

>> With 4.2.0 the requirements on Linux will change but currently the
>> agreement is to support Windows XP - Windows 10.
>>
>> For Mac the install requirement shall also stay stable with 10.07.
>>
>> On Linux side I think the requirement should be the Linux version and
>> glibc of centOS 5 for 4.1.x for 4.2.x we will have to use CentOS 7,
>> which sets the minimum for all other installations.
>
> Regards

Right now AOO on Windows requires a 32 bit version of Java for any
functions that require Java. That restricts us to Java Version 1.8 as no
32 bit version of Java exists.

Regards
Keith