Hu Forum woes

Reizinger Zoltán
Hi all,

I as admin of Hungarian Forum deleted nearly all post in Hungarian
forum, during maintenance.

Can anybody restore the forum database to yesterday status?

Regards,

Zoltán Reizinger

Re: Hu Forum woes

Andrea Pescetti-2
On 08/08/2017 Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> I as admin of Hungarian Forum deleted nearly all post in Hungarian
> forum, during maintenance.
> Can anybody restore the forum database to yesterday status?

Database backups for https://forum.openoffice.org/ are managed by Infra,
since we use a shared cluster. CCing the Infra list. I assume we will
coordinate through a JIRA ticket to restore the status of the database
at the last backup we had when the incident happened (can you be more
precise about date and time?), but at least Infra is informed that those
backups must be kept.

An important note: if I recall correctly, we have several forum
installations (one per language) sharing the same database. Please let's
coordinate, since restoring the old database is not a solution (it would
restore the Hungarian forum but also delete recent activity from all
other forums). I think we will need to only filter tables with a certain
prefix.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Hu Forum woes

Chris Lambertus

> On Aug 9, 2017, at 3:35 PM, Andrea Pescetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 08/08/2017 Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
>> I as admin of Hungarian Forum deleted nearly all post in Hungarian
>> forum, during maintenance.
>> Can anybody restore the forum database to yesterday status?
>
> Database backups for https://forum.openoffice.org/ are managed by Infra, since we use a shared cluster. CCing the Infra list. I assume we will coordinate through a JIRA ticket to restore the status of the database at the last backup we had when the incident happened (can you be more precise about date and time?), but at least Infra is informed that those backups must be kept.
>
> An important note: if I recall correctly, we have several forum installations (one per language) sharing the same database. Please let's coordinate, since restoring the old database is not a solution (it would restore the Hungarian forum but also delete recent activity from all other forums). I think we will need to only filter tables with a certain prefix.

Infra would need to know exactly what point in time this occurred (UTC) and what objects would need to be restored. There is a forumooo_hu database which is the likely target for restoration. Please include those details in an infra Jira ticket.

-Chris

Re: Hu Forum woes

Reizinger Zoltán
Hi,