Hunspell Spellchecker

Ron Clough-2
I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1

I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to Writing Aids
and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it didn't appear in
the drop-down list.

Thankyou

Ron

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 18:26:37 +1000
Ron Clough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
>
> I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
> following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to Writing Aids
> and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it didn't appear in
> the drop-down list.
>
> Thankyou
>
> Ron

It is the first item on the list.  Sometimes lists open in the middle; you may have to scroll the list up to see it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Brian Barker-2
At 18:26 11/09/2018 +1000, Ron Clough wrote:
>I am using AOO 4.1.5 on Windows 8.1
>
>I'll be grateful to be told how to install Hunspell Spellchecker. In
>following up a particular issue, the advice given was to go to
>Writing Aids and ensure Hunspell Spellchecker is ticked, However, it
>didn't appear in the drop-down list.

Where are you looking? If you are seeing a drop-down list, I think
you must be looking in the wrong place!

Go to Tools | Options... | Language Settings | Writing Aids |
Available language modules. You should see Hunspell SpellChecker there.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Hunspell Spellchecker

Ron Clough-2
Thankyou for your replies.

I have checked 'Available language modules' and Hunspell Spellchecker is
not there.

So I'm back to my original question: how can I get Hunspell Spellchecker
into Open Office?

Thanks

Ron