I GIVE UP!

nicholas-2
open office folk

i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from the last three pages of a document and it won't go away.  i have attached it.  please make it go away!  pages 40-42, the blue boxes!!!!!!!

nicholas

=?UTF-8?b?SUxUIDIwMjAgZXNtZS5vZHQ=?= (232K) Download Attachment

Re: I GIVE UP!

David Belina-2
I opened this on my computer and the last page was 36.

Dave

On October 29, 2020 at 3:25:57 PM, nicholas ([hidden email]) wrote:

open office folk

i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from the last three pages of a document and it won't go away.  i have attached it.  please make it go away!  pages 40-42, the blue boxes!!!!!!!

nicholas

Re: I GIVE UP!

Wade Smart-2
I have no blue boxes on pages 40-42.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:25 PM nicholas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> open office folk
>
> i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from the last three pages of a document and it won't go away.  i have attached it.  please make it go away!  pages 40-42, the blue boxes!!!!!!!
>
> nicholas

Re: I GIVE UP!

nicholas-2
 ok guys, since there are no attachments, the boxes appear in the last pages, a short story called 'a flight not fancy [weightiness]
my request is this - if you are not getting blue boxes and i am and i am using open office windows 10, could someone try copying the text and sending it back?
we'll go from there.
but thanks
nicholas
    On Thursday, October 29, 2020, 06:09:16 PM EDT, Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

 I have no blue boxes on pages 40-42.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:25 PM nicholas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> open office folk
>
> i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from the last three pages of a document and it won't go away.  i have attached it.  please make it go away!  pages 40-42, the blue boxes!!!!!!!
>
> nicholas

Re: I GIVE UP!

Wade Smart-2
I do notice that on page 41 though, in edit mode,
there are boxes around all paragraph's and it is
not found elsewhere in the document.
--

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 5:09 PM Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have no blue boxes on pages 40-42.
>
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> Linux since June 2005
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 4:25 PM nicholas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > open office folk
> >
> > i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from the last three pages of a document and it won't go away.  i have attached it.  please make it go away!  pages 40-42, the blue boxes!!!!!!!
> >
> > nicholas

Re: I GIVE UP!

David Robley
You have, for some reason, a series of 24 Sections in your document
starting on (about - as I don't have all the fonts used in the document)
page 42.

You can see these if you open the Navigator - F5 or View | Navigator;
click on any of the labels to jump to the relevant part of the document.
On screen, these sections appear, in my Writer, with a light grey
boundary. I'm not sure what the purpose of those sections is.

At a guess, a change has been made to your configuration to show section
boundaries as some shade of blue?

You can manage the colour of, or turn off display of section boundaries,
via Tools | Options | OpenOffice | Appearance under Custom Colours;
you'll need to scroll down a bit to get to Section Boundaries in the
Text Document section.

Just as an aside - you seem to be ignoring the most powerful feature of
Writer, which is Styles.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the
mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 30/10/20 8:43 am, nicholas wrote:
>   ok guys, since there are no attachments, the boxes appear in the last pages, a short story called 'a flight not fancy [weightiness]
> my request is this - if you are not getting blue boxes and i am and i am using open office windows 10, could someone try copying the text and sending it back?
> we'll go from there.
> but thanks
> nicholas
>      On Thursday, October 29, 2020, 06:09:16 PM EDT, Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>   I have no blue boxes on pages 40-42.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I'm a Soviet agent in England," said Tom bluntly.

Re: I GIVE UP!

Brian Barker-2
At 21:02 29/10/2020 +0000, Nicholas Noname wrote:
>i have tried and tried and TRIED to remove a formatting issue from
>the last three pages of a document and it won't go away. i have
>attached it. please make it go away! pages 40-42, the blue boxes!

Like others, I don't see any blue boxes. Mine (and I guess others')
are grey. What you have on pages 41 to 43 (in the rendering on my
system) is twenty-four weirdly named Sections, which don't appear to
serve any purpose. (Did you import this text from another document?)
By default, such sections are shown in the editing screen with grey
outlines, but you may have set these to display in blue in your
installation of OpenOffice. You can change this at Tools | Options...
| OpenOffice | Appearance | Custom colours | Section boundaries |
Colour setting. You may choose to set this back to Automatic.

But note in any case that these boundaries are not part of the
document itself and will not appear in your printed output - or
indeed in an exported PDF version of the document. You can see this
immediately using File | Page Preview (or the Page Preview button in
the Standard toolbar). Since the sections do not appear to serve any
purpose here, you may want to remove them. Go to Format | Sections...
and use Remove repeatedly - or perhaps once after selecting all the
sections in the list on the left.

Incidentally, if this (slight) problem arose by your importing
material from elsewhere, you may like to be aware of the possibility
of using Edit | Paste Special... (or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of
ordinary Paste and selecting "Unformatted text" in the Paste Special dialogue.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker