I am trying to find a #10 envelope template...

I am trying to find a #10 envelope template...

SHAWN STOPPER
I am trying to find a #10 envelope template on openoffice.org.

Please let me know if you have one.

Thank you.

Shawn Stopper

Re: I am trying to find a #10 envelope template...

Girvin Herr-2

On 04/26/2018 11:36 AM, SHAWN STOPPER wrote:

> I am trying to find a #10 envelope template on openoffice.org.
>

> Please let me know if you have one.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Shawn Stopper

Greetings,
I am not aware of a template as such. I made my own long ago and I don't
remember how I did it. That said, try opening a new document and choose
Insert -> Envelope and under "Size", select "Format" and then select #10
and see if this works for you. If it does, then save it as a template
for your future use. If not, you can fiddle with margins, page size,
etc. to make your own.
HTH
Girvin Herr

Don

On 4/26/2018 2:36 PM, SHAWN STOPPER wrote:

> I am trying to find a #10 envelope template on openoffice.org.
>

> Please let me know if you have one.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Shawn Stopper

Shawn,

Attached is a #10 envelope "template" with your name in the Sender box,
just fill in the correct data and save the changes.  You can change the
fonts to what ever you like.  Leave the addressee blank until needed
then just fill in that info when needed and print, then don't save those
changes and it reverts back to just your sending data and ready for the
next use!

Don

Shawn Stopper.odt (14K) Download Attachment

Re: I am trying to find a #10 envelope template...

Brian Barker-2
At 00:01 27/04/2018 +0000, Donovan Henderson wrote:
>Attached is a #10 envelope "template" with your name in the Sender
>box, just fill in the correct data and save the changes. You can
>change the fonts to whatever you like. Leave the addressee blank
>until needed then just fill in that info when needed and print, then
>don't save those changes and it reverts back to just your sending
>data and ready for the next use!

It's worth saying that it is more sensible to save your work as a
template than as a document as you have here: then you can lose the
scare quotes around "template"! Go to File | Templates > | Save...
and save your template, probably in My Templates. Your work is saved
as a .ott template instead of a .odt document. When you need to use
it, you can find it via File | New > | Templates and Documents... or
in the drop-down menu from the down-arrow next to the New button in
the Standard toolbar or using the Templates... button on the start screen.

The advantage of this method - designed into OpenOffice - is that
when you invoke the template you are presented with a new, unnamed
document based on that template instead of the template itself. So
you don't need to remember not to save the changes after you have
complete individual document based on the template. We've all made
the mistake of overwriting a previous document unintentionally!
Indeed, you may want to save individual documents you create based on
any template.

Brian Barker

Don

On 4/27/2018 4:29 AM, Brian Barker wrote:

> At 00:01 27/04/2018 +0000, Donovan Henderson wrote:
>> Attached is a #10 envelope "template" with your name in the Sender
>> box, just fill in the correct data and save the changes. You can
>> change the fonts to whatever you like. Leave the addressee blank
>> until needed then just fill in that info when needed and print, then
>> don't save those changes and it reverts back to just your sending
>> data and ready for the next use!
>
> It's worth saying that it is more sensible to save your work as a
> template than as a document as you have here: then you can lose the
> scare quotes around "template"! Go to File | Templates > | Save... and
> save your template, probably in My Templates. Your work is saved as a
> .ott template instead of a .odt document. When you need to use it, you
> can find it via File | New > | Templates and Documents... or in the
> drop-down menu from the down-arrow next to the New button in the
> Standard toolbar or using the Templates... button on the start screen.
>
> The advantage of this method - designed into OpenOffice - is that when
> you invoke the template you are presented with a new, unnamed document
> based on that template instead of the template itself. So you don't
> need to remember not to save the changes after you have complete
> individual document based on the template. We've all made the mistake
> of overwriting a previous document unintentionally! Indeed, you may
> want to save individual documents you create based on any template.
>
> Brian Barker

> .

Brian,

We all work a bit differently and I have have a folder on my desktop
with many .odt files that I can double click on that open in
OpenOffice.  I  then fill in the areas needed, be they for an envelope
or a custom made business letter, etc. and then print.  If I need to
save the document, I just give it a file name and  a place to live,
otherwise I close the file without saving.  I choose not to use the
built-in template feature in OpenOffice, whatever makes you smile!

Don

At 13:00 27/04/2018 +0000, Donovan Henderson wrote:

>On 4/27/2018 4:29 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
>>At 00:01 27/04/2018 +0000, Donovan Henderson wrote:
>>>Attached is a #10 envelope "template" with your name in the Sender
>>>box, just fill in the correct data and save the changes. You can
>>>change the fonts to whatever you like. Leave the addressee blank
>>>until needed then just fill in that info when needed and print,
>>>then don't save those changes and it reverts back to just your
>>>sending data and ready for the next use!
>>
>>It's worth saying that it is more sensible to save your work as a
>>template than as a document as you have here: then you can lose the
>>scare quotes around "template"! Go to File | Templates > | Save...
>>and save your template, probably in My Templates. Your work is
>>saved as a .ott template instead of a .odt document. When you need
>>to use it, you can find it via File | New > | Templates and
>>Documents... or in the drop-down menu from the down-arrow next to
>>the New button in the Standard toolbar or using the Templates...
>>button on the start screen.
>>
>>The advantage of this method - designed into OpenOffice - is that
>>when you invoke the template you are presented with a new, unnamed
>>document based on that template instead of the template itself. So
>>you don't need to remember not to save the changes after you have
>>complete individual document based on the template. We've all made
>>the mistake of overwriting a previous document unintentionally!
>>Indeed, you may want to save individual documents you create based
>>on any template.
>
>We all work a bit differently and I have have a folder on my desktop
>with many .odt files that I can double click on that open in
>OpenOffice. I then fill in the areas needed, be they for an envelope
>or a custom made business letter, etc. and then print. If I need to
>save the document, I just give it a file name and a place to live,
>otherwise I close the file without saving. I choose not to use the
>built-in template feature in OpenOffice, whatever makes you smile!

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm perfectly happy, of course, that you
should choose to use an awkward and fragile technique. My purpose in
writing was to ensure that your audience were not distracted by this
and knew that there was a convenient and reliable method built in to
the product.

Brian Barker