I can't underline Misspelled Words in Red Automatically only lately!

I can't underline Misspelled Words in Red Automatically only lately!

Suzanne Klee
My Spellcheck has always worked perfectly in Open Office Writer and underlined the words in Red when I'm typing a Document! Now; it suddenly stopped doing that! PLEASE HELP!
                                   Thank you, Suzanne Klee!

Re: I can't underline Misspelled Words in Red Automatically only lately!

Martin Groenescheij

On 19/06/17 8:14 PM, Suzanne Klee wrote:
> My Spellcheck has always worked perfectly in Open Office Writer and
> underlined the words in Red when I'm typing a Document!

Normally it underline only words that aren't in the dictionary of the
language you have selected.

> Now; it suddenly stopped doing that! PLEASE HELP!

Do you mean that non of the words are underlined in Red any more? That
could mean that you past the test and have all words correct.

Just in case all words are underlined the following instructions will
cure the problem.

>    Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.
>
>    If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter.
> Open File
>    Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File
> Explorer (sometimes called Windows Explorer)
>    Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old"
> is a good choice. Start OpenOffice.
>
>   This cures most spellcheck problems; the red underlining is caused
> by a spellcheck problem.

Re: I can't underline Misspelled Words in Red Automatically only lately!

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 05:14:17 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
"Suzanne Klee" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My Spellcheck has always worked perfectly in Open Office Writer and
> underlined the words in Red when I'm typing a Document! Now; it suddenly
> stopped doing that! PLEASE HELP!
>                                    Thank you, Suzanne Klee!

Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.

As you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>