I don't trust Microsoft. Can Apache be trusted?

R2

I don't trust Microsoft. Can Apache be trusted?

R2
Afternoon!

I am an extremely upset and frustrated customer of Microsoft Office 2019 Professional and their deceptive practices. I purchased a laptop in January from HP and along with it purchased MS Office 2019 Pro. Attempting the activate the package it continued to prompt me to put the computer on-line
and log into/create a Microsoft.com account. No one informed me during the sale that I needed a Microsoft.com account. I contacted HP and was
informed that in order to use Office 2019 Pro, a Microsoft.com account is mandatory! I read the Microsoft terms fine print and they get to
collect ALL information, store it on their cloud, and as such, THEY own it. All in the name of an "enhanced user experience". For this reason, I do not want, need, desire,or trust, Microsoft or their Microsoft.com account.

Does Apache Open Office require an online account? Are users able to use the product off-line? Store their files locally? If so, I'll give it a shot as I am done with Microsoft and all this privacy invasion. I will also send a donation annually to support you as long as you maintain the ability of user privacy, Please advise.

All The Very Best!

R2

Randolph Twogood
303.907.5900

Re: I don't trust Microsoft. Can Apache be trusted?

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 11:50:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
R2 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Afternoon!
>
> I am an extremely upset and frustrated customer of Microsoft Office 2019 Professional and their deceptive practices. I purchased a laptop in January from HP and along with it purchased MS Office 2019 Pro. Attempting the activate the package it continued to prompt me to put the computer on-line
> and log into/create a Microsoft.com account. No one informed me during the sale that I needed a Microsoft.com account. I contacted HP and was
> informed that in order to use Office 2019 Pro, a Microsoft.com account is mandatory! I read the Microsoft terms fine print and they get to
> collect ALL information, store it on their cloud, and as such, THEY own it. All in the name of an "enhanced user experience". For this reason, I do not want, need, desire,or trust, Microsoft or their Microsoft.com account.
>
> Does Apache Open Office require an online account? Are users able to use the product off-line? Store their files locally? If so, I'll give it a shot as I am done with Microsoft and all this privacy invasion. I will also send a donation annually to support you as long as you maintain the ability of user privacy, Please advise.
>
> All The Very Best!
>
> R2
>
> Randolph Twogood
> 303.907.5900
> [hidden email]

No need for an online account.

Program can be used offline

Files are best stored locally.

On first use, OpenOffice will prompt for you to enter your name and initials, so that your files on the computer can be distinguished from those of other users of the computer.  This information is stored locally, not sent elsewhere.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: I don't trust Microsoft. Can Apache be trusted?

Alan Pearce-2
I stopped  using MS office  years ago and have never regretted it. AOO works well for me.

Afternoon!I am an extremely upset and frustrated customer of Microsoft Office 2019 Professional and their deceptive practices. I purchased a laptop in January from HP and along with it purchased MS Office 2019 Pro. Attempting the activate the package it continued to prompt me to put the computer on-line and log into/create a Microsoft.com account. No one informed me during the sale that I needed a Microsoft.com account. I contacted HP and was informed that in order to use Office 2019 Pro, a Microsoft.com account is mandatory! I read the Microsoft terms fine print and they get to collect ALL information, store it on their cloud, and as such, THEY own it. All in the name of an "enhanced user experience". For this reason, I do not want, need, desire,or trust, Microsoft or their Microsoft.com account. Does Apache Open Office require an online account? Are users able to use the product off-line? Store their files locally? If so, I'll give it a shot as I am done with Microsoft and all this privacy invasion. I will also send a donation annually to support you as long as you maintain the ability of user privacy, Please advise.All The Very Best!R2Randolph [hidden email]---------------------------------------------------------------------To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email] additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: I don't trust Microsoft. Can Apache be trusted?

Alan Boba-2
One minor addition to Rory's guide

Name and initials can both be empty and you won't be prompted again.

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 2:42 PM Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 11:50:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> R2 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Afternoon!
> >
> > I am an extremely upset and frustrated customer of Microsoft Office 2019
> Professional and their deceptive practices. I purchased a laptop in January
> from HP and along with it purchased MS Office 2019 Pro. Attempting the
> activate the package it continued to prompt me to put the computer on-line
> > and log into/create a Microsoft.com account. No one informed me during
> the sale that I needed a Microsoft.com account. I contacted HP and was
> > informed that in order to use Office 2019 Pro, a Microsoft.com account
> is mandatory! I read the Microsoft terms fine print and they get to
> > collect ALL information, store it on their cloud, and as such, THEY own
> it. All in the name of an "enhanced user experience". For this reason, I do
> not want, need, desire,or trust, Microsoft or their Microsoft.com account.
> >
> > Does Apache Open Office require an online account? Are users able to use
> the product off-line? Store their files locally? If so, I'll give it a shot
> as I am done with Microsoft and all this privacy invasion. I will also send
> a donation annually to support you as long as you maintain the ability of
> user privacy, Please advise.
> >
> > All The Very Best!
> >
> > R2
> >
> > Randolph Twogood
> > 303.907.5900
> > [hidden email]
>

> No need for an online account.
>
> Program can be used offline
>
> Files are best stored locally.
>
> On first use, OpenOffice will prompt for you to enter your name and
> initials, so that your files on the computer can be distinguished from
> those of other users of the computer.  This information is stored locally,
> not sent elsewhere.
>

> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Alan Boba