I got quoted in WIRED!

Chad Smith
And on my birthday no less!

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70143-3.html?tw=wn_story_page_next3

Reader Chad Smith said he visited Infinium's site after seeing the Phantom discussed on TV: "I clicked the link, looking to see the 'Buy it now' button, but instead, I see this -- 'Coming Soon. Phantom Game Service.' Soon? Maybe in terms of recorded human history -- or soon in terms of ice ages -- but not soon in terms of video-game systems. Consider this product vaporized."

This is so cool.  And, no it's not just some guy with the same name - I really sent that email.  See, my ranting pays off sometimes....  Now I wonder if this is going to be in the print version?

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/
Because everyone loves free software!

Re: I got quoted in WIRED!

Paul
Well done and happy birthday...

/paul

On 2/8/06, Chad Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And on my birthday no less!
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70143-3.html?tw=wn_story_page_next3
>
> > Reader Chad Smith said he visited Infinium's site after seeing the Phantom
> discussed on TV: "I clicked the link, looking to see the 'Buy it now'
> button, but instead, I see this -- 'Coming Soon. Phantom Game Service.'
> Soon? Maybe in terms of recorded human history -- or soon in terms of ice
> ages -- but not soon in terms of video-game systems. Consider this product
> vaporized."
> >

> This is so cool.  And, no it's not just some guy with the same name - I
> really sent that email.  See, my ranting pays off sometimes....  Now I
> wonder if this is going to be in the print version?
>
> --
> - Chad Smith
> http://www.gimpshop.net/
> Because everyone loves free software!

Re: I got quoted in WIRED!

Chad Smith
Thanks Paul.  It was good.

http://www.gimpshop.net/
Because everyone loves free software!

Re: I got quoted in WIRED!

Greg Neumann
Well, happy birthday Chad!
Next year we can have the first "OpenOffice.org Social List Chad's
Birthday On-line Shoot-'em-up Bash" on our Phantom consoles playing
DukeNukem Forever! .... yeah! ... umm ... right ... was that a glacier
I saw going down the street? ;-)
Anyway, very cool that you got quoted, and nicely put.
Hope you had a good birthday, and many more to come!
-Greg Neumann

Chad Smith wrote:

> And on my birthday no less!
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70143-3.html?tw=wn_story_page_next3
>
>     Reader Chad Smith said he visited Infinium's site after seeing the
>     Phantom discussed on TV: "I clicked the link, looking to see the
>     'Buy it now' button, but instead, I see this -- 'Coming Soon.
>     Phantom Game Service.' Soon? Maybe in terms of recorded human
>     history -- or soon in terms of ice ages -- but not soon in terms of
>     video-game systems. Consider this product vaporized."
>

> This is so cool.  And, no it's not just some guy with the same name - I
> really sent that email.  See, my ranting pays off sometimes....  Now I
> wonder if this is going to be in the print version?
>
> --
> - Chad Smith
> http://www.gimpshop.net/
> Because everyone loves free software!

Re: I got quoted in WIRED!

Chad Smith
Thanks Greg.

We'll do that then all drive up to the moon in our flying cars grab a BigMac from the MoonDonald's.