I need some help

Suzanna Reiff
I want to construct a document.

It has fiver columns :
1. base number

2. I need to subtract '71'  from the number in column 1.
then :
3. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "5'

4  I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "8"

5. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "11'

Suzanna Reiff

Re: I need some help

Andrew Pitonyak
On 2017-10-25 13:15, Suzanna Reiff wrote:
> I want to construct a document.

Spreadsheet document?

> It has fiver columns :
> 1. base number
>

> 2. I need to subtract '71'  from the number in column 1.
> then :

So you need to set column B to contain what is in Column A and subtract
71?

I am really curious what your application is...

So you need to do something like "=A1 - 71" in to cell B1.

> 3. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "5'

Do you mean that column C must contain (A1 - 71) / 5, and you need to
pull the value from column B?

> 4  I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "8"
>

> 5. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "11'
>

> Suzanna Reiff
> [hidden email]

Is this for a class, or do you simply need to create some data for your
own personal use?

Are you trying to use regular formulas, or an array formula?

Re: I need some help

John van Barneveld

John van Barneveld

>2. I need to subtract '71'  from the number in column 1.
>then :
>3. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "5'

   {=A1-71/5}

>4  I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "8"
>
>   {=A1-71/8}
>
>5. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "11'
>
>   {=A1-71/11}
>

>Suzanna Reiff
>[hidden email]

---

Re: I need some help

John van Barneveld
Disregard my previous reply.  You should use brackets as in =(A1-71)/5 -
sorry.

John van Barneveld

>2. I need to subtract '71'  from the number in column 1.
>then :
>3. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "5'
>

>4  I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "8"
>

>5. I need to divide the result of columns 1 and 2 by "11'
>

>Suzanna Reiff
>[hidden email]

---