I need translator quotes for blog post on International Mother Language Day

I need translator quotes for blog post on International Mother Language Day

Rob Weir
International Mother Language Day is an international  observance,
promoted by UNESCO, to promote awareness of linguistic diversity.
IMLD will be February 21st, just 10 days from now.  We plan to
celebrate it with a blog post, a website banner, etc.

I think we have a good story to tell here, with the importance of open
source software, like OpenOffice, to support languages that the big
vendors would otherwise ignore.

In the blog post I'd love to include some comments from our
translators, especially translators who have worked on regional or
minority languages.  I don't need anything lengthy -- a sentence or
two or even a paragraph is fine.  But it would be good to say to the
reader, why it is important to have OpenOffice translated into your
language?  What does this mean for speakers of that language?  Why is
this a good thing for your community?   Something like that.

If you could post a quote I can use to the list (or to me off-line)
*before the end of this week* I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

-Rob

Re: I need translator quotes for blog post on International Mother Language Day

Marc O'Brien
Hi Rob,

I have a great story from Catalonia that may be of interest.  I am not sure
if this is helpful but I am the founder of OpenProj which is now
ProjectLibre <http://www.projectlibre.org>.  We are a replacement of
Microsoft Project and already have usage in ~190 countries.  It is
difficult to ascertain sometimes but roughly in every country in the world.

We received notice awhile back that for the importance of maintaining the
Catalonian language the government had a set of CD's being distributed to
businesses within Catalonia.  It included translated versions ProjectLibre
and OpenOffice.  This was a major undertaking and resulted in ProjectLibre
being the dominant project management solution in Catalonia based on our
translation into Catalonian and interoperability with Microsoft Project.  I
found this to be an inspiring story and really consistent with the
awareness you are looking to promote.  If I can be of assistance please let
me know.

Best regards,

Marc